Lohrenswald
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Nah, not ramble-y. I didn't see the thread you posted but saw the post in the Rants thread and was worried so figured I'd check in.

I'd offer my advice but it's probably condescending more than anything. But... try not to view uni as the be it all end all of life. It's not.

If you ever need to talk, I'm usually available, even if you just need to rant and just want someone to listen/read it.
    family for me as well, although if the weather is nice, I'll be driving to Kingston, Ontario, about 8 hours from here, to hang out with a couple people for New Years. Just have to hope for no snow because I don't really want to drive that long if the weather is crap.

I'm seeing Star Wars on the 17th, so excited. I'm considering going in costume but dunno.

Totally feel you about the introspection thing. Stance to take, do you mean personally? Academically? Politically? If too private feel free to keep it to yourself.
    Revisionism? Comrade Takhisis denounces your outdated, counterrevolutionary views as well as your unnecessary limits on his freedom of rantothreadic expression.
    Ooooh I must head over to that thread immediat- no, I must study for this week's exams. But I will subscribe to the thread nonetheless.
    I mistook your recently posted anime for a Lucky Star screenshot. In that case, you should read Lucky Star.
    Ah, ok. Yeah, I've been through two anime phases. One around the turn of the century, and another from about 2007-2012 or so. I haven't watched much recently, but I asked a friend to recommend me some recent stuff, because I want to get back into it a little bit.

My favs, besides the aforementioned The Place Promised in our Early Days and 5 Centimeters Per Second, include FLCL, Kuuchuu Buranko, Only Yesterday, Spirited Away, and Ponyo.

Some of these go way back but I did have a My Anime List that I used to use to keep track of stuff. I sometimes wonder if I'd like or dislike stuff I haven't watched in awhile like I did when I was watching a lot of anime. http://myanimelist.net/profile/GoodEnoughForMe
    Well my interpretation from the reading the Ethica is basically that you should avoid bad thoughts, as in bad thoughts causing sadness and hatred. His panentheism - which is not the same as pantheism which equates god with all matter, whereas in panentheism, god is all matter and more - is a way to describe the universe. Possibly it is metaphorical, as I do not see fundamental incompatibility with the Ethica and modern atheism. Overall, I find his guide to happiness to be a more striking message of the Ethica than his metaphysical views, although Ethica arguably achieved a lot in reducing the intellectual influence of religion.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom