JohannaK
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Yup flaps are super handy. They slow you down and in turn help with turning.

You don't have to limit yourself to combat flaps either. A trick I like to pull sometimes and mess with people is lower my gear first (with G) and then click F, which will lower your landing flaps instead of combat flaps. This will slow you down a crapton but you'll turn crazy fast. Can help if you're stuck in a turning war and just can't seem to catch up with a guy, though if you leave them on too long you might stall ;)
    Strafing runs are how you're supposed to handle fast fighters. Climb high, and then "boom and zoom" your opponents.

Dogfighting is trickier, as you get stuck in a low energy state and you need to be able to outturn your enemy and gain some speed back. Lucky for you, Japan is the best nation to practice this.

Outside of a few planes (the Ki-61s and J2Ms don't turn very well) just about every Japanese fighter, especially the Zero, turn amazingly well. Get the Zero and practice dogfighting in it. Trust me, it's a blast once you get the hang of it.

And remember to click "F" and use combat flaps to turn faster!
    Now, if you want the best tree for bombing, I highly recommend America. America not only has two bomber lines (attackers and medium bombers) but almost all their fighters can carry bombs as well. The P-47, a 3.0 fighter, can carry 2x1000lb bombs, 1x500lb bomb, and 12 rockets, along with its 8 forward facing machine guns. It's crazy! And that's not even mentioning the bomb load of things like the B-25, or the A-20. American bombers are also decked out in 12.7mm 50 cal machine guns, which tend to light people on fire like crazy. Whenever I play as fighters or interceptors, I avoid attacking American bombers because I know they'll light me on fire before they die :lol:
    Yeah Japan isn't the tree for bombing. :lol: Japan is my most invested tree, and their schtick is pretty much all dogfighting, especially once you get to the A6M2. Japanese bombers are usually underpowered and don't carry a lot of bombs, only one that's really good is the G8N, and that comes way too late in the tree.

Britain is decent for bombing! At the low levels at least. The problem with British bombers is that their armament never changes. IIRC every British bomber is outfitted with 7.7mm guns, which past tier 1 simply don't do enough damage compared to 12.7mm and cannons. Supposedly British bombers can carry a lot of big bombs, but I've heard its a struggle with the poor defensive guns.
    Which country/bombers and what BR?

In the earlier battle ratings, just about everyone will dive into the furball in the middle of the map and duke it out. Once people start getting fast climbing interceptors though, bombing from altitude becomes a lot more difficult. Planes like Fw190, later Spitfires, J2M, etc. are all very good at climbing fast and eat bombers with their large amount of cannons.
    Los sorteos mandrilistas de este año me recuerdan a los de 2014. Quien sea que tenga más lesionados juega hasta que empate el Real, y mientras tanto que Barça y el Aleti se eliminen entre ellos.
    SG is up and you've been invited. Please don't post about it in the thread until after I get a chance to do the announcement RP, but go ahead and start posting in the group
    what day is today?
    It's JK's birthday
    what a day for a birthday
    let's all have some cake
    Ok. It's a deal. I've cleared my inbox. By the way, would you be interested in a deal that would lower tariffs between our two states?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom