Crezth
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Resources About

• What's your Clubhouse all about? Is it where the cooler cool kids hang out?
    Crezth
    Crezth
    Please let me know if it's against the rule to have a Discord chat link in my signature, it's a low-key chatroom for discussion that primarily services the Imperium OffTopicum community I frequent.
    Synobun
    Synobun
    Oh no, I was asking as a potentially interested party, not as a concerned traffic cop. ;)
    Crezth
    Crezth
    Well our doors are always open but we're a rather niche group after all. :)
    Please consider: it is rational and logical to avoid contesting territories at the early stage.
    Crezth
    Crezth
    Very well. Inform us of your plans and if they include a concession of Champagne we will consider agreeing to a pact of non-aggression.
    Ailedhoo
    Ailedhoo
    Ailedhoo
    Ailedhoo
    We thank you for the co-operation and look forward to additional diplomatic gains between us. We predict that the wine market will be a excellent source of revenue for both our countries, with the prospect that this will drive innovations between our marketing teams and wine productions. Also we get Paris and you get Geneva: win-win for both of us!
    It would do well as a manner of business to conduct a non-aggression pact between our powers, especially as we have plans to further ratify the progression of industry.
    Um, I know this is probably the least of your worries, but will you be able to send in orders? If not, we could automate you - just send in 4-5 sentences detailing what you wish to happen in your nation + a response to your event. Thanks. We value you as a player and wish to see your continued participation in Arcanum. :)
    Russia's whole resource stats are wacked. Russian eats a lot of food. Argentina is also a bit odd. I assume there's some sort of pop to food ratio being used. It seems to hold for France, Japan and me if that helps.

I think I would hold resource production more tightly. Seriously, and I should have said this ages ago, go have a look at the World Economic Survey 1942-1944. It tells you a surprising amount about how various resources were distributed. Refer tables 6, 7 and 8 for coal, steel and non-ferrous metals, respectively. Note that the US/Canada produced a lot of aluminium because both had easily accessible bauxite. Tungsten... was Portugal and the US. There's also a section on rubber. I didn't realize that synthetic rubber was a thing in the 1940s.
    I don't quite get the resources. Like, I don't have it represented in my stats. Does that mean I don't produce it? Or does that mean I don't need it? Or, as I think is most likely, I don't produce it but I do need it? It's a wee bit confusing.

I'm also confused as to what the numbers are meant to show. I think it might be production. But what does the "want" figure mean then? Is that how my domestic economy wants? Or how much I'm selling it for. :dunno:

The same is true for the industrial want figure. I don't get what that's meant to represent.

I think the base value figure next to base cost indicates how much each point of private IC left to its own devices will generate, but that's me guessing.

I think my energy calcs are off to btw. I produce a lot of oil but seem to need little to none of it. Also Russia has no coal and surplus 6000 energy on 300 oil.
    Relatedly, nobody can spend all their revenue. We don't collectively have enough IC. I think even when you fix the IC issue, you'll have the same problem. So either you have to put back in base cost differentials, inflate IC, and/or reduce EP.
    I think there's good balance reasons to maintain them. If you remove them, at the very least, you have to tip the scales elsewhere.

Edit: you may have used EP to do that?

Edit: I don't quite understand how energy is calculated? I have lots of spare oil, but need more energy. Russia has like 100 surplus oil and 6000 spare energy.
    Italy isn't wrong tho kekekeke.

You might also want to write up what the cost of spending too much on military equipment is. Not just in terms of "you have no stuff for your peeps" but how that interacts with revenue/output in the next turn.
    I'll have a detailed look tonight. I'd suggest you write three spending examples now. Also are your IC values right? Revenue is okay at ~25% of output. But it looks like the IC of various countries has shifted (e.g Russia to me). The example will also help to explain EP relates to IC. Maybe replacing "wants" with +/- might make more sense. I'd also have coal being an imperfect substitute for oil. So you can't just rely on coal alone. Say only 80% of your energy needs can be satisfied by coal.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom