Takhisis
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Resources About

• Kek, maybe I'll change it when I get my computer set up.

It's kind of funny, I understand the loan word issue because I had a similar problem when learning the language in the states. If you ever come here, you'll find yourself doing the opposite. I'll often change English words and make them sound Japanese when speaking English with a Japanese person. It's an odd sort of thing, but learning a language inside a country is very different from learning it abroad.

That being said, I'm still having a hell of a time getting into the swing of studying Japanese. It seems like my learning has stalled out... :/
    I think I'm just super young and that's surprising to them!

Which is funny, first time in my life I've been made aware of my age.
    It isn't Japan that's kawaii, it's me apparently. I'm both kawaii sensei and wakai sensei according to everyone
    I don't know if it's mispronouncing, or is it just that kirjakieli is so very different from puhekieli. Norwegians have the same problem, I believe. It's a bit like English ortography, come to think of it. ;) Usually, I think, people may assume that you've learned the spoken Finnish. Speaking kirjakieli to someone may also feel like condescending.

Finns from Turku region indeed do sound like Estonians. I think there's even a (fringe) theory that Turku and Estonia once were part of the same kingdom.

I didn't know Klamydia had song like that. I've avoided successfully listening to their music. Apart that song in which they ask if you've made a trip with a bike that doesn't have a seat. Whenever I'm pedaling somewhere the question returns to my mind.

Here's a song to wash away the thought. Lyrics. :)
    They don't just talk fast, but also omit letters like it is customary in the spoken language. I'm sure, neiti O has told you that. So, instead of saying "pitäisikö minun käydä ostamassa maitoa kaupasta?" I would say "pitäskö mun käydä ostaas maitoo kaupasta?" And then there's the dialects...

Komparatiivi ja superlatiivi eivät ole vaikeita, en ainakaan uskoisi. Älä pelkää! :)
    Did you pick up what it means?

The most autistic-literal translation would be "even out of (the inside of) your dog?"

My first thought was "even your dog doesn't think so?" (cf. "minusta tämä on hauskaa", "I think this is fun").

The word could easily be used in a conversation. For example:
    "Mistään eläimestäni ei ole mihinkään" (None of my animals is any good)
    "Koirastasikaanko ei ole juoksijaksi?" (Even your dog isn't fit for runner?).
    Although it would be highly weird if someone used such an official kirjakieli word in speech.

Koirasta sikaan. :)

Now for the plural forms...
    Oh, please do! My video card died and I'm currently borrowing my brother's.

Which means when I leave, I'll be going for about a month before I have the money to buy a new one, so no video games to take up my time!
    Yeah, I'm not in Japan until the end of this week. I don't think the move has really hit home, and it probably won't until I'm on the plane and landing at Narita in Tokyo.

I'll probably miss the idleness, but I think I'm happier when I'm busy. At least I'm not spending all my time worrying about things, and instead concentrating on things within my control. Maybe. Who knows.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom