bene_legionary
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi! I've seen you post about playing on Linux. Do you play other games on Linux than Civ6?
    bene_legionary
    bene_legionary
    Yes, I play some other games like Endless Sky, PlateUp!, Crusader Kings 3, Dorfromantik, Stellaris, and I'm looking to try some other games too. But most games don't do very well, it might just be that I have more of a low-spec system now that I haven't changed very much in about 5 or 6 years, and that those games aren't optimised for Linux.
    Takhisis
    Takhisis
    Well, of course I have to recommend Wesnoth to you then. And SuperTuxKart!

Yes, one problem is that many games aren't optimised for Linux and/or won't run readily on, say, Wine.
    Sometimes it's happened to me that a game requires far more RAM or other specs for Windows more or less because it's Windows. Does that happen to you as well?
    bene_legionary
    bene_legionary
    I haven't had any good comparisons, but definitely it is more resource intensive on Linux. I think Linux is in some ways more streamlined than Windows, but otherwise isn't suitable for Windows games because they weren't designed in mind for it. Civ 6 is definitely one of those games, because the Linux port is seriously awful. I use Proton whenever I can and I really haven't bothered with wine so far.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom