Resource icon

24 Bronze Age Composite Archers + 2 Slingers 2016-10-05

This set contains 24 Bronze Age Composite Archers + 2 Slingers for civilizations in the ancient Mediterranean zone that I've made, collected or assembled using models and textures released by firaxis or other forum modders. By reading this THREAD you'll understand the purpose of this collection, and you'll find additional in-game screenshots also.

A composite bow is a bow made from disparate materials laminated together. Composite bows may have been invented first by the nomads of the Asiatic steppe, and they were soon adopted and adapted by early Mediterranean civilizations, such as the Assyrian, Babylonian and Egyptian, who came into contact with nomads. Several composite bows were found in the tomb of Tutankhamun, who died in 1324 BC.

Using blender I worked on 6 different mesh types, and using nifscope I put them into firaxis chinese archer nif. Also I added a firaxis peltast as Iberian Slinger, following the unit breakdown of TAM mod. In addition to the 24 units representing the TAM civs, the set contains 2 more "hero" units (1 archer and 1 slinger) with a laurel wreath on head. Now you have these fresh meshes to reuse or reskin at your pleasure.

As usual for my production style, I've spent lots of time to make my units 100% playable with nifscope, because I like to download civ4 stuff and run it immediately. Furthermore these units have both shader and no-shader nif and the lesser number as possible of art files, in order to reduce memory usage.

Use chinese archer and peltast artdefine for xml purpose. The package contains 2 animation folders for convenience ("anim_comp" for archers and "anim_slinger" for slingers - but you may refer to firaxis chinese archer and peltast respectively), and 1 "anim_effects" folder to manage the different kind of arrows when they reach the opposite field, otherwise a "custom" arrow starting from a archer turns into a "standard" arrow during its way (read HERE for more details). Also I included into "anim_effects" folder a detailed aco_arrows_readme.txt file to explain how to manage arrow effects.

Credits go to EVERYONE who made ancient units before me.

Check this THREAD to visit my complete BRONZE AGE units collection ;)

Spoiler :

Author
ambrox62
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from ambrox62

Top Bottom