Resource icon

25 Bronze Age Chariots 2016-10-05

This package contains 25 Bronze Age Chariots for civilizations in the ancient Mediterranean zone that I've made, collected or assembled using models and textures released by firaxis or other forum modders. By reading this THREAD you'll understand the purpose of this collection, and you'll find additional in-game screenshots also.

Chariots were built in Mesopotamia as early as 3000 BC. The critical invention that allowed the construction of light, horse-drawn chariots for use in battle was the spoked wheel. The earliest spoke-wheeled chariots date to ca. 2000 BC and their usage peaked around 1300 BC with the Battle of Kadesh, fighted between Egyptians and Hittites. Chariots ceased to have military importance in the 4th century BC.

After reserving the celtic chariot to my previous chariot archers, I used ALL the remaining chariot models for these units, assigning each chariot type to a ethnic group of civs. I reused most of my previous mesh as charioteer in the single-man chariot, while in the ewc-like models I had to work with blender to set spearmen and drivers with hands turned of 90 degree.

These units are 100% playable with nifscope, have both shader and no-shader nif and the lesser number as possible of art files, in order to reduce memory usage. The package contains all the needed animation folders for convenience, but you may use the respective Civ4 animations for each model.
If you wish to use these units into your own mod, you must follow the animation guideline included in the package in order to assign the right animation to each unit. Also you must refer to the corresponding Civ4 chariot type artdefines for XML purpose.

Credits go to EVERYONE who made ancient units before me. Special credit to Bakuel because I've reworked two ethnic ewc chariot models he made. :goodjob:

Check this THREAD to visit my BRONZE AGE units collection ;)
  • cch_spot_Db1.jpg
    cch_spot_Db1.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 190
  • cch_view_vo8.jpg
    cch_view_vo8.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 198
Author
ambrox62
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update