Resource icon

25 Imperial Age Heavy Horse Archers 2016-10-05

This set contains 25 Imperial Age Heavy Horse Archers for civilizations in the ancient Mediterranean zone that I've made, collected or assembled using models and textures released by firaxis or other forum modders. By reading this THREAD you'll understand the purpose of this collection, and you'll find additional in-game screenshots also.

This set reproduces a late version of horse archers, covering the timeline between Roman Imperial Age and Barbarian Invasions.
There are 8 different kind of archers upon 12 different painted horses, using light and dark brown weapons. I have chosen the vanilla horsearcher nif model because it has proper animations for the quiver on the saddle, both for close and distant combat.
These units are 100% playable with nifscope, have both shader and no-shader nif and the lesser number as possible of art files, in order to reduce memory usage.

Use vanilla horsearcher artdefine for xml purpose. The package contains a animation folder for convenience ("anim_ahh"), and a "anim_effects" folder to manage the different kind of arrows when they reach the opposite field, otherwise a "custom" arrow starting from a horsearcher turns into a "standard" arrow during its way (read HERE for more details). Also I included into "anim_effects" folder a detailed ahh_arrows_readme.txt file to explain how to manage arrow effects.

Credits go to EVERYONE who made ancient units before me.

Check this THREAD to visit my CLASSICAL/IMPERIAL AGE units collection ;)
  • ahh_shot0_9WS.jpg
    ahh_shot0_9WS.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 283
  • ahh_shot1_1T6.jpg
    ahh_shot1_1T6.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 269
  • ahh_shot2_7dc.jpg
    ahh_shot2_7dc.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 274
  • ahh_view_OEF.jpg
    ahh_view_OEF.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 295