Resource icon

31 Classical Age Swordsmen 2016-10-05

This package contains 31 Classical Age Swordsmen for civilizations in the ancient Mediterranean zone that I've made, collected or assembled using models and textures released by firaxis or other forum modders. By reading this THREAD you'll understand the purpose of this collection, and you'll find additional in-game screenshots also.

This set contains swordsmen from Classical Age. The Dacians are falxmen. I used a mix of meshes, shields, swords and anims in order to varying the units. As result, there are 12 different kind of swordsmen using 6 different kind of animations (vanilla swordsman, hypaspist, praetorian, both heavy and light CharleMagne swordsman and sumerian vulture).

These units are 100% playable with nifscope, have both shader and no-shader nif and the lesser number as possible of art files, in order to reduce memory usage. The package contains 6 animation folders for convenience, but you may use the respective Civ4 animations for each model following
the animation guideline included in the package, in order to assign the right animation to each unit. Also you must refer to the corresponding Civ4 artdefine for XML purpose.

For convenience, I report the animation guideline included in the package:

Vanilla model : use firaxis vanilla swordsman anims (also contained into "anim" folder)
Civs using it : (8) briton, dacian, gaul, german, goth, illyrian, kolchis and scythian

Hypaspist : use firaxis greek hypaspist anims (also contained into "anim_hypaspist" folder)
Civs using it : (5) lydian, minoan, mycenean, thracian and thracian hero

Praetorian : use firaxis praetorian anims (also contained into "anim_praetorian" folder)
Civs using it : (4) chartago, iberian, roman and tartessian

CM Lgt model : use firaxis CharleMagne light swordsman anims (also contained into "anim_CM_Light" folder)
Civs using it : (3) persian, medes and medes hero

CM Hvy model : use firaxis CharleMagne heavy swordsman anims (also contained into "anim_CM_Heavy" folder)
Civs using it : (6) assyrian, babylonian, hittite, phoenician, egyptian and nubian

Vulture model : use firaxis sumerian vulture anims (also contained into "anim_vulture" folder)
Civs using it : (5) all the remaining hero units wearing the cloak (briton, dacian, gaul, german and kolchis)

NB -> The "anim_CM_Heavy" folder contains a fixed Idle anim kf file (the original one has a bugged sword management)

Credits go to EVERYONE who made ancient units before me.
Special credit to Bakuel, because lot of the unit pieces and texture parts come from his models.

Check this THREAD to visit my CLASSICAL AGE units collection ;)
  • msw_shot1_WQ4.jpg
    msw_shot1_WQ4.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 460
  • msw_shot2_0E3.jpg
    msw_shot2_0E3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 445
  • msw_view_PDA.jpg
    msw_view_PDA.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 476
Author
ambrox62
Downloads