Resource icon

4 Bronze Age Spies 2016-10-05

This set contains 4 Bronze Age Spies for civilizations in the ancient Mediterranean zone that I've made, collected or assembled using models and textures released by firaxis or other forum modders. By reading this THREAD you'll understand the purpose of this collection, and you'll find additional in-game screenshots also.

Incidents of espionage are well documented throughout history. The ancient Egyptians had a thoroughly developed system for the acquisition of intelligence, and the Hebrews used spies as well, as in the story of Rahab. Rahab assisted Israelite spies by hiding them from the local authorities. The spies, in return for her protection, promised to save her and her family during the planned military invasion of Jericho as long as she fulfilled her part of the deal by keeping the details of the contact with them secret and leaving a sign on her residence that would be a marker for the advancing soldiers to avoid. She kept her word by hiding the spies when the city guard came to her house looking for them; the Israelites kept their word by sparing her family from the general massacre after taking the city: they recognized Rahab's house by a red cord hanging from her window.

You may download a further female ancient spy for Civ4 here.

Because spies are hidden units in Civ4, I made very few ethnic models giving them teamcolored textures. Using blender I worked on 4 different mesh types, and using nifscope I put them into firaxis ancient spy nif. As usual for my production style, I've spent lots of time to make my units 100% playable with nifscope, because I like to download civ4 stuff and run it immediately. Furthermore these units have both shader and no-shader nif and the lesser number as possible of art files, in order to reduce memory usage.

Use ancient spy artdefine for xml purpose. The package contains 1 animation folders for convenience, but you may refer to firaxis ancient spy anims.

Credits go to EVERYONE who made ancient units before me.

Check this THREAD to visit my BRONZE AGE units collection ;)

Spoiler :

Author
ambrox62
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from ambrox62

Top Bottom