8 Ages of Pace

8 Ages of Pace v2.1.0 Release

This update only really contains a cosmetic update - the in game calendar shown next to the turn date will progress differently - which should lead to more realistic match ups between scientific advancement and dates. The total number of turns in the game is for same as before for every game speed, and always runs from 4000BC to 2050AD, but the date will progress much faster in the early eras and slightly slower in the later eras. The values have been picked assuming that the player spends ~1/10th of the total turn time in each era, and the eras start at roughly their historical dates.

Combined with the huge tech increases in the late game, you will find it a struggle to stay ahead of real life advances without a sprawling empire, many campuses/theatre squares, or a strong science/culture focus. I've played a couple of games with it and (without playing optimally and slightly below a difficulty which is challenging for me) I was a little ahead of the real history, but not by that much. As always, feedback on balance is very much appreciated.

Update also includes a minor bug fix with loading error. This should make this mod compatible with more tech tree mods. If you do have a mod that effects the tech/civics trees or adds great people, give it a LoadOrder of less than 11000.

Update simultaneously released on steam. Simultaneously downloading this (or a previous version) of this mod here and subscribing on steam may cause problems.

If you don't like the calendar changes, go to 8AgesOfPace.modinfo and delete the lines including "CalendarChanges.sql".
Small changes to the mod based on feedback received. The late game tech/civics increase has been reduced and is now:
Ancient: +0%
Classical: +25%
Medieval: +50%
Renaissance: +80%
Industrial: + 120%
Modern: + 160% (Used to be +170%)
Atomic: +210% (Used to be +230%)
Information: + 260% (Used to be +300%)

The cost of Great People has also been reduced. The increase in each era is by x0.4 of the numbers listed above (used to be 0.5).

No changes to roads, city growth or borders (see below for full change log)

I have no plans to make further changes to this mod.
Tiny changes to the way the mod is handled to make it work with the Fall patch.

Save file compatibility maintained.
New version of 8 Ages of Pace is out! See the OP for details of changes
Top Bottom