Resource icon

A Civ of Ice and Fire 2016-10-05

This is the updated version of this Mod and has special install requirements. If you read nothing else please read those. Updated 8/15/2012

UPDATED 8/17/2012: Fixed Naval combat problem with Krakens and Barbarian Battering Ram spawning.

INSTALLING THE MOD
  1. Unzip the rar file to ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS
  2. Delete the contents of ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache
  3. Verify the integrity of your game cache (via steam, right click on Civ 5 in the library, go to properties then local files)
  4. Open your GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini or GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini file located in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5
  5. Where is says: Whether or not to use static screenshots of leaders (this is the default for min-spec machines) UseScreenShots = 0 CHANGE UseScreenShots =0 to UseScreenShots = 1
  6. Open your config.ini file located in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5
  7. Where it says: Last Civilization Played, set LastCiv = 0
  8. Start Civ 5

REQUIREMENTS
This new version of the mod requires all the DLC including Wonders of the Ancient World and G&K. I know this will not make everyone super happy and I am working on making a vanilla version that is similar. However, to achieve the things I set out to do with this new iteration it was necessary to use all the DLC content available to me.

FEATURES AND NEW GAME PLAY
While last time the mod was focused more on putting out a scenario this time the mod is more about embracing the features of George R.R. Martin's universe inside the Civilization framework and realizing it more fully. The game is meant to be played on randomly generated maps just like normal Civ games now. To make the experience exciting and unique I have tailored all aspects of the mod towards achieving this objective. While you can still only play with the six leaders I originally created I hope to change that very soon. While you can only play with those leaders if you insist on playing with more than six Civilizations it will draw from a pool of Civilizations I have left unlocked for that purpose and give them one of the same six leaders again. However, I think those who have played this in the past will not be disappointed with the update to spite the lack of new leaders given the other changes that have been made.
  • Altered Traits
  • Customized Tech Tree (a long medieval period is the last Era)
  • New units anyone can obtain
  • New Wonders (now base game wonders)
  • Custom art for tech, wonders, units, icons etc
  • Wonder Units (you'll have to find out)
  • No base game Minor Civs, only SOIAF Minor Civs
  • Special Resources
  • Religions
  • Others...

FUTURE OBJECTIVES
As of now Dragon Eggs exist but Dragons are not yet in the game. This is because of an issue I am having with Nexus. To find out more about this issue please visit the thread, maybe you can help me out: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=395200&page=4 Once I sort this issue Dragons will be available as a late game unit (to those who can find the rare eggs) and Daenerys (who begins the game with three Dragon Eggs) will have only one Unsullied special unit.

Other objectives for future development include:
  • New leaders
  • Custom unit models
  • An updated scenario and map
  • Wildfire city defense animations
  • New Policies

THANKS
I want to thank a few people. First off Anton Strenger for his advice and letting me dip into his Steam Punk Scenario Code. Also, Barry Caudill for taking the time to answer my questions. Kael for this modders guide, and the members of the community who have filled in where Kael left off. Also Jeff Williamson for testing and support, and Rodrigo Cano for helping me trouble shoot, letting me bounce ideas off him and playing Civ with me when I got angry.
  • civmod6_Upj.png
    civmod6_Upj.png
    631 KB · Views: 2,328
  • civoficeandfire1_L54.png
    civoficeandfire1_L54.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,550
  • civoficeandfire2_2DU.png
    civoficeandfire2_2DU.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,245
  • civoficeandfire3_3B8.png
    civoficeandfire3_3B8.png
    824.8 KB · Views: 2,312