Resource icon

A strategy guide to winning noble

Why this guide ?

My first reason is simple: there are so many people in the forum wanting to beat higher level, especially noble, and unable to beat it. I want to answer to them with this document. Long-time posters know that there already exists a very good guide for beginners (Sisiutil's strategy guide for beginners), guide which I personally read multiple times already some time ago. However, even if there are many good informations in it, Sis does not teach his readers what to do with all these informations, that is, how to really play the game. Not that I blame him, he does already so much for everyone ! But I will try to complete his guide with mine.

My second reason is that after so much time taking stuff from the community, I wish to give some at last !

What will this document cover and not cover ?

I hope with this guide to provide to non-expert players a simple guideline that they can use for two purposes: first to learn some important aspects of the game, and second, to win a game at noble. After all, winning a game at a new difficulty is always gratifying :)

This guide will focus on some key-aspects in a game of CIV: opening, vertical expansion, horizontal expansion, city specialization, and war. Some other aspects will be under-used (espionage, great people...), sometimes even ignored (wonders, corporations).

I finally got this guide out, so I wanted to share it. The graphical aspect is not nice for now, but this is only version 1, I hope to improve it.

Every comment is mostly appreciated, especially from people struggling at noble or lower level: about aspects not clear, or things difficult to do... I tried it to be sure (especially about stuffs such as automation), but since I usually play at monarch or emperor, some things that are clear for me are obviously not for lesser level players.

Just remember that my goal is to have something simple and straightforward, not to detail everything about city placement or other stuffs like that :)

Thanks in advance for all your critics !
Author
JujuLautre
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Top Bottom