Feb 14, 2019 @ 4:32pm
1 Change Note ( view )

Subscribe to download
African Egyptians

In 1 collection by Tyrannohotep
Tyrannohotep's Best Civ 6 Mods
3 items
Description
This mod changes the appearance of the Egyptian civilization's units to have a native African look instead of the default West Asian (or "Middle Eastern") one. This affects both the appearance of the units themselves as well as their icons in the lower-right corner of the UI. I made this mod because, although the ancient Egyptians would have incorporated people of diverse origins (including Mediterranean and Middle Eastern as well as Sudanic) into their empire over time, the foundation of their civilization would have been laid by indigenous Northeast Africans similar in phenotype to the inhabitants of the northern Sudan* (or "Lower Nubia") during the predynastic period*.

* https://www.academia.edu/50972766/Critique_of_the_Black_Pharaohs_Theme_Racist_Perspectives_of_Egyptian_and_Kushite_Nubian_Interactions_in_Popular_Media

POSTSCRIPT:

I had to remake this mod from scratch since previous versions did not gel very well with the recent updates that coincided with the release of the "Gathering Storm" expansion pack. Furthermore, something funny happened while play-testing this mod. The first time I loaded a game with it installed, the Egyptian units looked European rather than African. However, once I restarted the game, the units looked African as they should. This applied to all other games I started with Egypt as well. So I must warn you that this mod may not work the very first time UNLESS you restart the game, although it should work for all subsequent games.