Resource icon

Alternative Difficulty for VP 14

No real changes but now you can get destroyed on the new patch!
Lots more customization options now thanks to @Recursive we can use in future as well:)
Reactions: black213
Removed dependency on CBO
Reactions: Hinin
No more tech cost changes. I didn't really think it improved the early game.

Generally slightly easier, mostly at start.
Forgot I was supposed to update this when 1.4 came out lol.
Changes:
- Human costs now scale up with each era while AI costs scale down less per era.
- AI unit costs increased (less unit spam)
- AI catch up for policies similar to their tech catchup
- Tech cost changes, Classical/medieval longer, renaissance, industrial, modern shorter, Info longer
Extra options now available for firetuning AI strength. All options and how to change them explained in the ReadMe.

This Mod will no longer need to be updated each time there is a new VP patch and should be compatible with all versions from 1.2 onwards.

Also is actually now savegame compatible so you could switch it on and off during a game if you wanted.

CS changes are no longer part of this, I'll work on making that a separate Mod in the future and will probably post a thread where people can discuss what changes were good/bad and any other ideas for CS.
Has the difficulty changes from v9 + many more changes here, I went over most of them in this video:

- CS have more units, hostile most, then neutral, then friendly
- Militaristic CS can train/spawn their UU
- Friendly CS can be peaced out with during wars with their major civ ally
- CS faster border growth - Friendly fastest
- No influence loss from walking in friendly CS. More from hostile.
- Tribute strength calculation change
- Max tribute value scales with CS pop
- CS lose 1 pop when tributed, 2 for heavy tribute
- Yields per turn from friends/allies also scales with CS pop and scales with era. Ally worth 3x friend
- Trade routes to CS also send them food per turn.
- CS can spawn and use GPs at 3x the usual price

Not sure which changes are good so just let me know what you guys think. May well do a vote on each change in the few weeks. ALSO SIAM MIGHT BE OP.
- Hopefully AIs will upgrade their units ASAP now
- Small changes to some values.
Update to be compatible with VP v1.0.1.
No other changes from v7.
Changes:
- Slightly harder start, less era scaling.
- Lower unit production discount
- Higher bonus supply
- AIs have a bonus to the 'known tech' discount which scales with difficulty and era.

Idea is to even the field somewhat in terms on tech and make it harder for civs to build up big armies, while allowing higher production civs to build bigger ones. Hopefully this gives Authority AIs a better chance of success.

Let me know how you guys get on!

Also has some new World Congress AI changes so let me know if anything funky happens there.
Updated with changes in the 7-1 update.

Also I finally got rid of that annoying city state quests not being cancelled on death issue.
2 main changes:
1. Game era, which is the average era of all major civs now used for all difficulty bonus calculations. This should reduce AI snowballing as previously civs who were ahead on tech got more from certain bonuses.

2. A/B/C restructured. Mostly reduced, but more science/culture later on. I'm hoping this will mean civs with less production won't be able to still spam out so many troops by purchasing them. Also should allow all civs to be closer later on thanks to the extra science/culture.
5-28 patch version. Includes a reduction in the unit production penalty from war weariness (makes it what the tooltip says it should be).
Savegame compatible with the previous version.
No changes, just updated using dll from 5-24.

Has a little World Congress UI change which will be in next patch also.
Not sure how long this VP patch will last but here is 4/16 with the difficulty changes anyways.
If you want the older version just get it off megashare at: https://mega.nz/folder/AksEwJ7C#2Zc7ev3-oy724wd_icrD8g
v3 saves won't be compatible with v2.

Changes:
Slightly reduced production bonus at start on immortal/deity. Should mean less unit spam.
Slight increased era scaling

Late game may be very hard, let me know how you get on
Bug from my World Congress changes was causing games using v2 to crash.
Fixed now, Savegame compatible.
Top Bottom