Anno Domini: Rise of Cities is an ancient era full conversion mod. Play as one of over 100 civilizations from the "Old World" from the dawn of time to the early Middle Ages.
The mod includes a unique tech tree, with many new buildings, units and wonders linked to the ancient world. The civilizations come in themed packs, so you can customise who is in the random mix of opponents, and the themes range from "Enemies of Rome" to "Roman Britain".
Anno Domini incorporates it's own version of various modcomps, including the Community Patch, Piety and Prestige, Rise to Power, Events and Decisions, Mercenaries and Tomatekh's historical religions.
If you wish to immerse yourself into a Civ5 ancient world battle, this is the mod to download and play!
Please note that Anno Domini uses a custom dll and therefore will not work on a Mac
Instructions on how to add Anno Domini to your Mods folder and what to select on the main menu when playing.
1. Delete all other versions and unsubscribe from Steam - this version is incompatible and I don't have the room on Steam to upload it.
2. Download and extract the folder to anywhere on your hard drive.
3. The main Anno Domini Version 27 folder is NOT to be transferred across anywhere; it's the contents you need to transfer.
4. Transfer the folders inside the main download folder into your Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Mods/ folder.
5. Load up Civilization V and click on Mods. You'll see a number of options available now. The ones you HAVE to select are the main Anno Domini and Anno Domini art files. These contain the base game and the required art. You must also select at least one civilization pack.
6. Select as many of the other folders as you like. Each has a number of civilizations in it grouped by type, e.g. Greek civilizations.
Thanks to the following people for their help with this mod:
Community Patch team - the mod incorporates a recent version of the CP, which much improved gameplay in the mod
Danmasch - civilizations
Danrell - unit skins
DJS Henniger - civilizations and icons
FramedArchitect - Greatest cities, Reforestation, traits and coding help
Hiram - civilizations
JanBoruta - lots of art and moral support
JFD - Rise to Power, Mercenaries (with Pouakai), Cities in Development plus many civilizations
JTitan - unit skins
LastSword - civilizations
LeeS - help with lua and Scipio's Rome
Light in the East team - civilizations
MoreCivs team - civilizations
Moriboe - civilizations
Nutty - city state leaders and coding help
Sukritact - Events and decisions plus civilizations
TarciscioCM - civilizations
Tomatekh - civilizations and the historical religions mod
TPangolin - Vietnam, icons and moral support
Virigel - maps
WHoward69 - coding help
Wodhann - icons
Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition 27
Play the ancient world