Resource icon

Austria bugfix 2016-10-05

So this is not an entire civ, but rather a bugfix to one of the shipped civs: Austria. That Firaxis gave the hussars to them made it really hard to create a Hungary Mod. Of course, we could have used a horse archer, a kuruc, something related to the black army or maybe a honvéd unit, the hussar is still the no. 1 unique unit for Hungary. The hussars in question clearly have their roots in Hungary, it is closely related to its culture and history and is everywhere on hungarian national holidays. Call them the Jedi of Hungary if you want. This ways, Austrias uu needed to be changed in order to have Hungary there. Inspired by a civ4 mod, I wanted to give them the kuk infantry at first. But as that was the common army of both, Austria and Hungary, I decided to give them the k.k. Landwehr which was the militia of the austrian parts of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. The unit gets three free promotions, to make its battle strength be improved on impassable and friendly terrain and make it able to cross mountains. This ways, it reflects militia of mountainous countries as is Austria. It may be too strong, I don't know as I have few experiences with civ5. Feel free to comment on the Magyar Mods forum thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12059699.

I read the Poles are also unhappy, because of the button as it is similar to Polands. I have swapped it now with the habsburg double-headed eagle, the colouring is changed to black and yellow.

Oh and, sorry for the harsh image. It's not adressed to Austria / Austrians, but to Firaxis' ignorance that did not take in consideration which was the most successfully developed standalone civ4 mod adding a civ on civfanatics.

Alternative download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bz6w8zxo4xach95/Austria_bugfix_(v_3).7z

Special thanks to: bernie14
Author
cool3a2
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from cool3a2

Top Bottom