This mod attempts to overhaul districts and buildings to make city specialization more meaningful.
This is an evolving mod. Comments, suggestions, and feedback are needed!
This mod's design philosophy is threefold:
To that end the first building in each of the districts updated by this mod provide a basic yield bonus, the second provides yields entirely dependent upon the district's adjacency bonus, and the third building acts as a capstone to the district with a powerful ability.
- Reward careful district placement
- Reward investment over time in districts
- Increase district importance
Additionally, in order to increase the importance of each district the population requirement for each has been raised. This will force players to make harder choices as to which districts to build. Also, the science yield per population has been lowered to make Campuses more important even in wide empires.
Current Version: 1.4
-Increased population requirement per district to 4
-Reduced science per population from .7 to .5
-Increased Industrial, Commercial, Campus, and Theater specialist yields from 2 to 3
-Changed how the Industrial, Commercial, Campus, and Theater district buildings work:
-City state yields have been reduced to balance Bank, University, Museum, and Factory yields from adjacency bonuses
- Workshop: +2 production
- Factory: production equal to district adjacency bonus, +1 specialist slot
- Electronics Factory (UB): production equal to district adjacency bonus, +2 specialist slots, +4 culture
- Power Plant: +3 production with 6 tile range, +2 specialist slots
- Receives an additional +1 gold adjacency bonus from Entertainment Complexes and City Centers
- Market: +3 gold
- Bank: gold equal to district adjacency bonus, +1 specialist slot
- Stock Exchange: +2 gold, +15% gold in city, +2 specialist slots
- Library: +2 science
- University: science equal to district adjacency bonus, +1 specialist slot
- Madrasa (UB): science equal to district adjacency bonus, +1 specialist slot, +5 faith
- Research Lab: +2 science, +15% science in city, +2 specialist slots
- Amphitheater: +2 culture
- Art Museum/Artifact Museum: culture equal to district adjacency bonus, +1 specialist slot
- Broadcast Tower: +2 culture, +15% culture in city, +2 specialist slots
- Film Studio (UB): +2 culture, +15% culture in city, +2 specialist slots, +100% tourism towards other civilization in the Modern Era
-Updated the Free Market, Grand Opera, and Rationalism policies to provide bonus yields to each building of the proper type instead of a 100% increase (the % increase didn't stack properly with bonus yields from district adjacency bonuses)
- Scientific, Cultural, Religious, Commercial, and Industrial city states give their matching district types +1 yield instead of +2
- Commercial city states give capitals +2 gold instead of +4 (other CS bonuses to capitals are unchanged)
- Military city state bonuses to unit production are unchanged
-Updated the following policies to provide a +50% adjacency bonus instead of a +100% adjacency bonus (for Campuses, Commercial Hubs, Industrial Zones, and Theaters)
Aesthetics, Craftsmen, Economic Union, Five Year Plan, Natural Philosophy, Sports Media, Town Charters
-Integrated the Improved Aerodrome mod
-Sewer now has +1 Amenity
- Aerodrome receives adjacency bonuses: +1 gold from Neighborhoods, +4 gold from Commercial Hubs, +2 gold from City Centers
- Removed Aerodrome population requirement (can now be built in any city)
- Biplanes, Fighters, P-51s, and Jet Fighters can be built without an Aerodrome
-Adds new Cistern building: +2 Housing, unlocked at Irrigation, required to build Sewers, granted for free when starting the Industrial or later eras
-Adds new Water Treatment Plant building: +2 Housing/+1 Amenity, unlocked at Plastics. Requires Sewer to build.
(NOTE: if you want to see the new building icons (identical to the Sewer's for both) copy the Icons_Buildings.xml attached in the Discussion OP to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Icons and overwrite the original file). Alternatively, you can manually edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Icons\Icons_Buildings.xml and add the following lines:
The new stuff should be added in the pictured location:Code:<!--TSC Better City Specialization begin--> <Row Name="ICON_BUILDING_TCS_CISTERN" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_BUILDINGS" Index="30"/> <Row Name="ICON_BUILDING_TCS_CISTERN_FOW" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_BUILDINGS_FOW" Index="30"/> <Row Name="ICON_BUILDING_TCS_WATER_TREATMENT_PLANT" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_BUILDINGS" Index="30"/> <Row Name="ICON_BUILDING_TCS_WATER_TREATMENT_PLANT_FOW" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_BUILDINGS_FOW" Index="30"/> <!--TSC end-->
Spoiler Version History :
Unzip the files into your Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods directory
This does not include the Improved Water Yields mod. They are fully compatible.
This does include the Improved Aerodrome mod. Don't use them together!
Better City Specialization 1.5
Overhauls the district system to require more city specialization.