1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Tech Tree (vanilla, R&F) 1.1

Shows more info in Tech and Civics Trees, adds ~100 new unique icons

1. Infixo
    New version 1.1 as of 1.12.2018 - Option to switch harvest icons ON/OFF.

Fix for double gov icons when using CQUI.

Description

Shows more info in Tech and Civics Trees. Adds ~100 new unique icons for:
    - Eureka boosts (*) - tech icon in a bluish circle,
    - Inspiration boosts (*) - civic icon in a pinkish circle,
    - Resource harvests - resource icon in a red circle,
    - Improvement yield bonuses (**) - improvement icon in a green dome,
    - Additional spies - a spy icon in a green square,
    - Tourism changes - a tourism icon in a green square

(*) The eureka and inspiration boosts are shown not only for boosting techs/civics, but also for buildings, districts, units, improvements and resources that are needed for a boost (e.g. have x units or have x buildings).
    (**) Unique improvements are also shown, but only if you play a civ that has it.

Works with vanilla game and Rise & Fall expansion. Supports all languages.

Harvest icons
    There is an option to switch ON/OFF the harvest icons. By default it is ON. If you are using mods that add many new resources then the screen might get messy and you might wanna turn this feature OFF.
    Go for a file named BetterTechTree_Database.sql in the mod folder and in the line with BTT_OPTION_HARVESTS change '1' to '0' to switch the icons OFF.

Important Notes
    1. This mod does not change any original game files.
    2. This mod does not change technologies nor civics nor any dependencies between them. It is pure UI mod. The little differences you see on the screenshots are from my other mod, Real Tech Tree, which does change dependencies and boosts’ percentage.
    3. BTT adds ~100 new icons to the trees, and in 3 cases they simply do not fit into the node graphics. The Civics Tree supports bigger nodes but the usage of that would require changes of the original file, which I didn't want to do. The TechTree doesn't support bigger nodes at all and it would require even a bigger re-work.
    4. CQUI, HBCOI. Works with CQUI, but for reasons unknown the government icons are displayed twice. This doesn't happen with other mods that modify the trees (i.e. HBCOI) and is probably somehow related to changes done by CQUI. See also p. 1. Please do not report that issue, but give me a post if you'd know by chance why those icons are doubled.

Images

1. tech1.jpg
    2. civic1.jpg

Recent Updates

1. Version 1.1 Harvest icons ON/OFF

Recent Reviews

1. HafidzMZ
    HafidzMZ
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    thanks for the support