Reform and Rule
This mod alters every Social Policy and Ideology Tenet. More than a mere "balance patch" most policies include effects that are unlike any existing policies and a few are unlike anything else in the game. These unique effects (like Patronage encouraging the capture of city-states, Commerce giving gold when your treasury is empty, or Freedom giving you a "birthplace building" when a great person is born) enable all new strategies that require a different perspective from standard play. The subtle synergy that is woven throughout the policies adds up to an impact that is greater than the sum of its parts. You can play dozens of games with Reform & Rule and still experience the thrill of discovering new techniques to take advantage of.
Reform & Rule is compatible with most other mods and allows you to easily play with only the new social policy branches you want. How will you reform your civilization in its quest to rule the world?
More information at the discussion thread.
- Tradition/Liberty/Honor/Piety: Will you go tall, wide, military or religion? Will you complete the entire policy branch for the powerful capstone? Or will you grab only the policies you need while quickly transitioning to another branch? Or will you conserve your cultural capital, forgoing the advantage of policies now, and instead aim to quickly complete the more powerful late game policy branches?
- Aesthetics: Construct monuments that will amaze the world! Have Golden Ages that power your empire to glory! Become the shining city on the hill that all less enlightened civilizations envy.
- Patronage: Profit from City-States, be they loyal ally or conquered subject! With patronage capturing City-States can be a way to expand your empire without risking war with another major power.
- Commerce: Money may not buy love but it can buy power, buildings and armies! A master of Commerce can make so much money that production is no longer required, everything can be purchased. The capstone policy gives you money when your treasury is empty -- allowing you to make money by spending money!
- Exploration: The once impenetrable ocean is becoming navigable. A rich bounty awaits the empire that can discover and tame distant new lands. Your mighty navy will dominate the seas and gather valuable treasure and tribute from the local people.
- Rationalism: In an era of rapid progress and upheaval mastering new technology can be the difference between prosperity and destruction. Rationalism will enhance your scientific prowess by growing your population and improving the productivity of your scientists. However, completing Rationalism can be risky as it will delay access to potentially critical policies in Freedom, Autocracy and Order.
- Autocracy: Achieve the Machiavellian ideal of being both loved and feared. As a strong leader, who does not tolerate dissent, you can bring unity to the world. Lesser nations will follow your commands or be crushed under the boots of your disciplined soldiers.
- Freedom: A state's highest calling is to protect the rights of its citizens.
Shielded from fear and abuse your greatest citizens will be able to bring peace and harmony to the world or explore the stars themselves.
- Order: The ship of state functions best when everyone is at their assigned place, rowing in the same direction. By working together citizens can rapidly turn cities into centers of industry that will be able to produce war machines capable of conquering any foe or even the stars themselves.
[BNW] Reform and Rule 2016-10-05
[BNW] Reform and Rule