Partly inspired by BigGlare's and Krajzen's work, this mod makes growing a multi-city empire easier:
* Cities begin with 2 inhabitants (4 in the capital} and consume food at half the usual rate.
* Unhappiness from growing population is reduced by 25% for ALL civilizations.
* Unhappiness from building multiple cities is reduced by 25% for ALL civilizations.
* The multi-city penalty for adopting new social policies is reduced by 25%.
* The multi-city penalty for researching new technology is reduced by 25%.
* The minimum distance between cities has been reduced from 4 hexes to 3.
The mod also radically changes India's special trait:
* SACRED CATTLE doubles the number of Cattle found by the player. It also unlocks a unique improvement, the Gopachara or sacred cow pasture (see the in-game text for more details).
* Cows become a luxury resource, raising Happiness by 3 for each Pasture or Gopachara. Currently, all civilizations get the Happiness bonus; I'm still searching for a hack that would make it exclusive to India.
* This mod requires BOTH Civ5 expansion packs to work; it contains code (previously unavailable) that reduces Science penalties. If you don't have Brave New World, my original "Gods and Kings only" edition is still available here:
NOTE: Although it isn't strictly necessary to install other mods with this one, I recommend adding the following:
* Resource Pack -- Land Animals ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=241400416 )
* Resource Pack -- On-Map Generator ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=241234462 )
NEW IN THIS VERSION:
* Added support for the cattle breeds in Glacierheart's resource pack.
* Doubled the starting population for all civs' capital cities.
* Corrected bugs which kept two important files from loading.
ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD SITE:
(BNW) Urban Renewal and Sacred Cows (v 61) 2016-10-05
(BNW) Urban Renewal and Sacred Cows (v 61)