(for Civ4: Beyond the Sword v3.13)
A fun mix of real world and fantasy civilizations.
Previous versions of this modpack (for Vanilla and Warlords) are no longer supported. I'm really sorry but I just don't have the time anymore. I advise you to buy the BtS Expansion pack if you haven't already, it really adds a lot to Civ4 and is well worth the money.
Note that this modpack includes mostly real world civs & leaders but I have also included a handful of "Fantasy" civs & leaders such as Conan. Also, the Transylvania civ is a mix of real & fantasy worlds. It is NOT intended to represent the real Transylvania and is in the game purely for entertainment purposes.
This modpack is suggested for players with high-end computers. It is very large and adds a lot of new graphical items to the game that can bog down older computers, especially ones with not much video or system memory.
The download may require 7-Zip to extract the modpack. It is free & can be found HERE.
ABOUT THIS MODPACK
My goal with the Advanced version of my modpack is to provide a free expansion pack with some of the best mod components that the Civ4 modding community has to offer. If you would just like an expansion pack with extra civs, leaders and flavor units then please try my "Basic" version.
Please note that one of my early goals with my modpack was to include as many new civs as possible without reskinning any particular 3D leaderhead model more than once so as to keep the new leaders from looking too familiar. While rebuilding version 3, in an effort to achieve this goal, I have taken the opportunity to remove a few civs that were in v2.10 and to replace some leaderheads with reskinned 3D models from BtS. I am happy with the mix of civs and leaders in this version and feel that I have now achieved my goal.
I do, however, still have more work left on things such as new Techs, Units, and Buildings so please consider this a work in progress.
Extract this file to your Beyond the Sword "Mods" folder within the Beyond the Sword game directory. For example, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\MODS. It should create a folder called "Amra Advanced" that will include all of the modpack files. In game, click on "Advanced" and then "Load a Mod" to play.
If the fonts do not display correctly for the modpack's new theme, simply copy the contents of the Amra Advanced\Resource\Fonts folder (the *.ttf files) into your Windows\Fonts folder.
If you want this mod to load automatically every time you play Civ4 Beyond the Sword then edit the "CivilizationIV.ini" file in your "\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword" directory. Search for "Mod = 0" and change it to "Mod = Mods\Amra Advanced".
Per request, Patch to remove Influence Driven Warfare.
(Not necessary unless you don't want IDW in the modpack. Instructions are in the link)
DESCRIPTION/LIST OF MODS INCLUDED
Please see included readme files for more info on each
- 44 new civs and 70 new leaders (for a total of 78 civs and 122 leaders)
- New Religions, Corporations and Leader Traits
- New Units, Buildings and Wonders
- New Resources and Technologies
- New color theme
- Actual Quotes v4.20
- Bhruic's Unofficial Patch v1.21
- BUG Mod v2.22
- Civilopedia Index by fitchn
- Civilopedia Unit Upgrade and Promotions charts by Vovan and Progor
- Dale's Combat Mod v1.5 by Dale (additional code from RevolutionDCM by glider1)
- Enhanced Tech Conquest v0.6 by Grave, TheLopez, Jeckel
- Great Person mod (updated to BtS by Roamty) with all new art by Amra
- Influence Driven War v1.1 by Moctezuma (additional code from RevolutionDCM by glider1)
- JKP1187's Events Mod v1.21
- Pirates Mod v0.6 by Grave, TheLopez, Jeckel
- Promotions and Perks mod v0.5 by Zuul (37 new promotions, updated to BtS by Amra)
- Revolution Mod v1.52 (with Inquisitors) by jdog5000 (additional code from RevolutionDCM by glider1)
- Route Pillage Mod v0.5 by Grave, TheLopez
- TechWindow Mod v1.g by Roamty
- Unit Allegiance Mod v0.5BtS by Snaitf and TheLopez (Updated to BtS by Amra)
- Varietas Delectat v3.5 (Includes EDU v3.14, Ethnic Artstyles v1.09 and Cultural Diversity v1.1)
- Water Animals Mod v0.4BtS by TheLopez (Updated to BtS by Amra)
NOTABLE AMRA ADVANCED GAME CHANGES
- Revolution Mod (can be turned on/off in Cutom Game Options)
- Dale's Combat Mod allowing Ranged Bombardment
- Influence Driven Warfare (Cultural boundries are now more fluid)
- Minimum city range (distance required between cities) increased from 2 to 3
- New Technologies, Buildings and Units
- New Religions and Corporations
- 12 new resources
- 37 new promotions
- Religious Victory condition (75 percent of world)
- Religions can be removed via Inquisitor unit
- Maximum experience on upgrade changed from 10 to 16 allowing the unit to keep an extra promotion
- Animal/Barbarian maximum XP values increased (50/100, was 5/10)
- Animals no longer disappear when Barbarians appear
- Map Trading moved from Paper to Cartography (new tech)
- Tech trading has been moved from Alphabet to Guilds
- Ironclad moves 3 (was 2)
- Transport now has cargo capacity of 5 (was 4)
- Aggressive trait additionally gives the Combat promotion to Archer units
- New Trait: Nomadic (Combat promo to Mounted units)
- New Trait: Seafaring (Combat promo to Naval and Recon units)
- Chopping down a Jungle now produces hammers (third of forest production)
- Scouts/Explorers can build forts and explore Ancient Temples
- Barbarians allowed to build Pikemen and Triremes
- Routes can be pillaged/destroyed
- Oceans can contain Pirates and Water Animals
- More random events
- Native Americans name changed to Sioux and city list changed
- Start year moved back to 5000 BC and more turns added to each game speed (except Marathon) to accomodate new Techs, etc
- Longbowmen upgrade to Musketmen
- Chinook can travel over water
FUTURE PLANS FOR AMRA ADVANCED
- Add 2nd UU & UB for each civ
- More Techs
- More Units & Buildings
Discussion Thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6612302#post6612302
As with most large modpacks for Civ4, there is a possibility of receiving a "Memory Allocation Failure" or MAF on Large & Huge maps, especially when playing on Terra or similar maps with little or no water.
This is, and has been, an ongoing problem with Civ4. It most often happens with large modpacks when the game is saved but some people have had it happen with unmodded, plain Civ4. More info can be found on this by searching for "Memory Allocation Failure" in the Civ4-Tech Support forum. A few of these threads are listed below as well as one claiming a fix. If you try it, please do so at your own risk.
More info on MAF errors:
[BtS] Amra Advanced v3.10 2016-10-05
[BtS] Amra Advanced v3.10