by Dresden; version 1.0
Logfix is a custom DLL based on Beyond the Sword 3.17 (official) which will allow you to repair color problems that cause the game to crash when trying to view the in-game log or replay. It will reset all out-of-range colors to white and makes no other changes to the game. The crash itself was caused by SimCutie's Extended Colors mod which was included in early versions (prior to 2.3) of the BUG Mod.
- BTS Version 3.17 Installed.
- A BTS 3.17 savegame that has the log-crash problem; you can open and repair 3.13 saves as well but when you resave them they will become version 3.17. Note that the save must NOT have the "Locked Modified Assets" option set; if this option is present, the game will not load under this DLL.
- The chipotle "cheat code" present in your Civilization4.INI file as outlined in Soren Johnson's CFC Post (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=134287)
Special thanks to GreyFox and the other players of shyuhe-5 for testing a fixed save, even though they continued the game from the original.
- BUG Forum (development & testing): Fixing saves which have the in-game log crash
- SG Forum (release):Logfix DLL: A Utility to repair saves with the in-game log crash
[BTS] Logfix Utility DLL 2016-10-05
[BTS] Logfix Utility DLL