"The Mars, the red planet. Potentially the new home of mankind. After years of failed missions, the humans begin to colonize the planet. Brave men, lionhearted women and mad scientists are looking in a vague future. Will the succeed in building a new society? We'll see it. YOU'll see it!
The Mars. Now!"
Unzip the file (right click -> "extract here", or a similar wording). Put the extracted folder into your C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civ4\BtS\Mods folder. Make sure that the name of the folder "marsjetzt-v04" is NOT changed. Make also sure that there is no second folder with the same name in this folder. If so, move all the content from the second folder into the first folder.
Date uploaded: Monday, November, 16th 2015.
Mod Version: v04
Mod Patches: Main download should be alreay on patch E, the alternative version (see thread) is without the patch, but patch E can be downloaded separately.
Civ version needed: Beyond the Sword 3.19
Multiplayer compatible: Yes
Mac compatible: Not, sorry.
To start the mod, i would suggest using Just Another Mod Chooser.
Clicking on one of the maps will not work.
v03 was removed after 9460 downloads.
The Thread is here.
What is "Mars, Now!"?
"Mars, Now" is an total conversion of the normal BtS-game.
Don't ask, what has been changed.
It's better to ask, what haven't been changed .
What does it have?
- 15 playable civilizations with 2 leaders from the great artists here from CFC
- Totally new units, all with art from the great CFC-artists
- Totally new buildings, and some with new art, also from the CFC-artists.
- Totally new tech-tree
- New resources, again with art from here and from my buddy [VK]
- 2 new victories: Independence-Victory and Evolution-Victory
- and much more. For details/changes please look into the "Mars, Now!"-civilopedia-entry.
What does it not have?
- UUs + UBs: Not enough ideas
What's to do?
- Events have to be changed
- And the diplomatic text
- Civilopedia has to be filled
- Quotes have to be translated
- New ideas have to be implemented. If you have ideas: Let me hear it ! I can do some things, but not all, i'm not Kael or Rhye.
- Some mathematical error, when farms are build in sand/magnet-storms
Please report all bugs. The most bugs are found now .
- Only english and german, but it works with french, italian and spanish together.
If someone is interested, the german-subforum is here.
The Thread is here.
Some grafical things: [VK]
Credits for leaderheads:
Credits for units
- rabbit, white
Credits for buttons
Credits for resources:
Credits for python-components:
- Tsentom 1 (and here)
Credits for buildings:
Credits for maps:
Credits for movies:
Credits for other components
Credits for tutorials:
Credits for quotes:
Credits for tips/other help
Credits or ideas:
- Frederick Steiner
Credits for city-lists:
Credits for motivation:
Smiley-contributors: Kaffeesatzleser, [VK], Superputze x 3, 2* Zeki, delnan, KingK x 2, oelfuss, Diemed x 4, Sauron44, 2 * Mars242, Jaeg, Mittelklasse, FlavorFlave, Moritz, Falke, Sir Tox, Hogibaer * 2, The Dude, TW2000, Verdikt, The_Coyote, Bamser, Adri2, Simato.
If i forgot someone, please hit me .
Please report all bugs .
If you're running into a "NOTEXT", and it's not a quote (they have to be translated), please report it.
If you have ideas: Let me hear it !
[BtS] "Mars, Now!" 2016-10-05
[BtS] "Mars, Now!"