Adds Caral to the base game.
The Norte Chico culture, more formally referred to as the Caral-Supe Civilization, was a pre-Columbian culture that developed on the north-central coast of what is today Peru. It has been established as the oldest known civilization in the Americas, flourishing between 3200-1800 BC, and one of the six sites where civilization independently originated in the ancient world. Norte Chico potentially represents a unique reliance on maritime food sources in absence of a staple cereal; however, current studies also stress the role of agriculture in supporting industry and augmenting diet.
Steam Workshop Link
- This civilization requires the Brave New World expansion.
- Updates will most likely break saves. Do not update unless you are ready to start a new game.
UA: Maritime Foundation: Inland Cities receiving a Trade Route from a Coastal City also receive the base yields of all improved Sea Resources worked by that City. Building a Plantation provides a Production boost in all Coastal Cities.
UU: Fisher: Can improve both land and sea tiles (does not consume). Can embark immediately. +2 movement when embarked. Can build Fishing Boats prior to researching Sailing (still requires Sailing to trade these resources).
UB: Shicra Pyramid: Replaces Monument. +1 Production. Allows Production to be traded domestically.
- Leader scene by Leugi
- UU, UB, and Leader icons by Sukritact
- Incan Worker graphic by Hangman
- Andean Cargo Ship by Chuggi & Hangman
- DoM voiceover by Andrew Holt (Charlatan Alley)
- War theme “Inca” taken from Medieval II: Total War, copyright 2006 SEGA, The Creative Assembly, Sumthing Else Music Works
- Modular City Info Stack lua code by Sukritact
- Leugi for design help
- All code and art otherwise not listed created by Tomatekh (primary author).
- Supports Historical Religions, Ethnic Units, Expanded Civlopedia, YnAEMP, Civ IV Leader Traits, Unique Cultural Influence, Map Labels, Events & Decisions, Piety & Prestige, Cultural Diversity
For more great American civs, please check out Leugi’s Patria Grande Project.
Caral - Norte Chico (Brave New World) v. 37
Caral - Norte Chico (Brave New World)