Resource icon

Civilization Appropriate Great General and Admiral 2016-10-05

This is a mod that creates Great General and Great Admiral Names that are appropriate for the player's chosen civilization, rather than using random names.

With this mod, Rome will get Gnaeus Pompeius or Germanicus Julius Caesar as great generals but not Mikhail Illarionovich Kutuzov or Kiyotake Kawaguchi. England will get great generals such as Arthur Wellesley or John Churchill, and admirals such as Horatio Nelson or Sir Edward Pellew but not admiral names such as Alfred von Tirpitz or Chester Nimitz.

All names used are historically valid names, though in some cases I had to take a bit of a liberty here and there in assigning who went to what civ.

Refer to the discussion page Here for more info.

The Download will send the 'CIV-Linked Great Generals (v 11).civ5mod' version of the mod to your download folder. This is essentially a zipped version of the mod that the game software knows how to recognize automatically. Simply copy or drag this file to your My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS folder, and the game will automatically extract the mod the next time you start the game and enter the MODS menu. Otherwise you can unzip the file using 7z (not sure if WinZip will recognize the file) and copy/paste the extracted mod folder to your My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS folder
  • alfred_schlieffen_qIh.jpg
    alfred_schlieffen_qIh.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 1,087
  • alfred_von_tirpitz_nUi.jpg
    alfred_von_tirpitz_nUi.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 1,004
  • bernard_montgomery_5bV.jpg
    bernard_montgomery_5bV.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 1,074
  • marcus_aurellius_aft2_lU7.jpg
    marcus_aurellius_aft2_lU7.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 1,076