Resource icon

Contextual Unit Names-UI (Add-On) 2016-10-05

This is an OPTIONAL UI-Addon for my main mod called "Contextual Unit Names".

=========================================================
FEATURES

1) It removes the unit type from the UnitPanel, when you rename the unit. For example a scout if renamed to "Marco Polo" will show up as "Marco Polo (Scout)". With this mod, it removes the "(Scout)" from the unit panel.

2) It also adds a tooltip to Unit Flag, so that the name of the unit shows up when you hover above a unit's flag.

3) Promotions in Unit Panel are condensed (used whoward69's Condensed Unit Promotion)

4) You can right click on the name in the UnitPanel to edit the name (used Kalurak's UI EditUnitNames3)

5) Even though I designed this mod as an add-on for my main mod, it DOES NOT require the main mod. So if you want you can only enable this mod.

COMPATABILITY

1) This file edits the UnitFlagManager.lua, and UnitPanel.lua, and hence DOES NOT work well with those mods that edit these files like:
a) Communitas UI
b) Thals and Barra Unit Flag Promotions

2) This mod will overwrite Enhanced User Interface's Unit Panel. So if you want to use Enhanced User Interface's Unit Panel, don't install this add-on.

3) Since I have included code from two different mods, you don't need to have those enables. Look in credits to see all the mods.

CREDITS

I have included code from these mods. BIG BIG thanks to these authors:

1) whoward69's Condensed Unit Promotion
2) Kalurak's UI EditUnitNames3

CHANGELOG
v1 - Release
Author
astog