Resource icon

Corporations v4 2016-10-05

Build a Corporate empire and amass a fortune!

As businesses grow, they often find it necessary to raise large amounts of operating capital in order to expand their operations beyond a certain point, or to meet operating expenses. In these cases, one option available is to form a corporation and "go public", or sell shares of the business to investors. This arrangement allows the business to expand rapidly, while spreading the risks of the expansion among many people, reducing individual risk. Corporations also have legal advantages such as the right to sue, and the limitation of liability for the corporation's debt to the amount originally invested by the owners. Corporations as legal entities have existed since ancient Rome, although the joint-stock company as it is known today didn't begin operating until sometime in the 16th century.

This mod attempts to translate the Corporations concept from CIV 4 to the world of CIV 5. Some of your old favorite Corporations return and are joined by new Corporations developed specially for this mod.

This was a tough concept to translate, and I am extremely open to constructive feedback on gameplay mechanics, and ideas for more Corporations. The Civilopedia entries should make the game concepts clear (they are pretty simple), but if not, please feel free to post your questions here.

Requires Gods & Kings, but if this mod is popular enough I will translate it to Vanilla. Just let me know.
  • corporationssteam_56r.jpg
    corporationssteam_56r.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 314
  • corporationdiscovery_0xs.jpg
    corporationdiscovery_0xs.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 306
  • corporation2_H7u.jpg
    corporation2_H7u.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 332
Author
aschulak
Downloads