Cyrus the Great leads Persia in this Mod of Civilization VI

Cyrus the Great leads Persia in this Mod of Civilization VI 1.4

screenshot.37.jpg

The First Persian Empire

Leader / Cyrus the Great

Civilization Trait / Gate of All Nations
Each Envoy sent to a city-state counts as two, if its Suzerain has a different government than Persia.

Leader Trait / The Cyrus Charter
+2% Gold per City-State you are the Suzerain of.

Unique unit / Immortal
Persian unique Ancient Era Unit that replaces the Spearman. It is cheaper to build and heals at the end of its turn, even after moving or attacking.

Unique District / Apadana
A district unique to Persia for Housing and Economic Growth. Replaces the Commercial Hub District. It provides housing as though it were an Aqueduct, and yields +1 Culture in internal trade routes. It must be built adjacent to a city-center.
---
This is the first edition of the Persian civilization. This civilization is fully playable!
Persia was an incredible civilization that used taxes, irrigation, wages, art, and war to create a stable multicultural empire.
As a CIV, Persia manipulates the rivalry of governments to free them from the tyranny of their neighbors.
There's something in it for you too. City-State allies are powerful, especially when Cyrus is skimming a little off the top.

I'll be updating this once we get the SDK, and I'll be looking to add alternate leaders in the near future.
---
Installation Instructions
Unzip the files into your Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods directory
In order for Art to work correctly, Unzip the contents of "DreadHerring's Icons" into

Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sid Meier's CIVILIZATION VI/Base/Assets/UI/Icons
This will replace the current files to accommodate my icons, so backing up your files is always recommended.
This is a workaround for a lack of an SDK, and a copy of the files without my modifications is supplied should the original files be desired.
---
Credits
Mod formatting thanks to @Rob (R8XFT)
Civ Loadout Screenshot thanks to @sukritact and his CIV Selection Screen
Thanks to @mbl for pointing me towards the icon fix.
---

Known Issues:

Apadana District appears as a tiny house and a largely empty field.
Immortal appears as a warrior unit (all modded uniques do, by default.
Author
DreadHerring
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from DreadHerring

Latest updates

1. Unit and District Art, courtesy of user MBL!

User @mbl is incredible and showed me how they added unit and district models to the base game...
  2. Location, Location, Location: Renamed Capital and updated start bias.

Changes to V1.3 --- Capital changed to Anshan to reflect historical accuracy and city name...
  3. Icon and Text Fixes.

This update includes icons for everything. Fixed up the language here and there for clarity and...
  4. Apadana Now functions as a unique district.

Latest reviews

Thanx xD
Great mod, but somehow doesn't show up in the main menu.
Top Bottom