Detailed worlds is my personal adjustments to several world generation utility functions and customized map scripts with added detail. The primary objective of this mod is to make the world more interesting, particularly with the detailed versions of the included map scripts.
The following features will work on all generated maps while this mod is activated:
- Larger deserts without more desert tiles per map. While the deserts will be approximately the same portion of the world they will often be more cohesive resulting in a few larger desert areas rather than many scattered desert tiles.
- Fixed rain forest placement. No more ugly band of rain forest tiles at the equator! Rain Forest/Jungle placement is now more dependent on the underlying map and will be more frequent in certain areas. Rivers and coastal areas can have large Rain Forest regions. The total number of Rain Forest tiles is that same as the default scripts (and affected by the rainfall option).
In additional to the basic features, the detailed version of map scripts also have the following features:
The following custom maps are included:
- Minimal polar land. 99.9% chance of being able to circumnavigate the world by boat. (Low sea level may be harder still)
- Added coastal detail. More coves, bays, islands to make each landmass more interesting to explore, settle and conquer.
- New river generation. Rivers are now affected by the rainfall option in advanced setups (only when using a "Detailed" map script).
Continents - Detailed
Pangaea - Detailed
Small Continents - Detailed
Fractal - Detailed
Archipelago - Detailed
Mixed Continents - Detailed
Island Regions - Detailed
Detailed Worlds 2.12
Re-worked climates, rivers and custom map scripts with additional details.
- Quick Fix Mar 17, 2019 at 9:34 PM
- Coastal Lowland Adjustments Mar 13, 2019
- Flood Plains! Mar 12, 2019
- Gathering Storm Version Feb 22, 2019
- Oops Apr 7, 2018
- Island Regions Apr 6, 2018
- Math! Mar 13, 2018
- Mixed Continents Update Mar 11, 2018
- Mixed Continents Mar 10, 2018
- Resource Mod Compatibility & Lake Fix Mar 8, 2018