1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Detailed Worlds 1.45

Re-worked climates, rivers and custom map scripts with additional details.

1. Seven05
    Detailed worlds is my personal adjustments to several world generation utility functions and customized map scripts with added detail. The primary objective of this mod is to make the world more interesting, particularly with the detailed versions of the included map scripts.

Basic Features
    The following features will work on all generated maps while this mod is activated:
    • Larger deserts without more desert tiles per map. While the deserts will be approximately the same portion of the world they will often be more cohesive resulting in a few larger desert areas rather than many scattered desert tiles.
    • Fixed rain forest placement. No more ugly band of rain forest tiles at the equator! Rain Forest/Jungle placement is now more dependent on the underlying map and will be more frequent in certain areas. Rivers and coastal areas can have large Rain Forest regions. The total number of Rain Forest tiles is that same as the default scripts (and affected by the rainfall option).
    Detailed Maps
    In additional to the basic features, the detailed version of map scripts also have the following features:
    • Minimal polar land. 99.9% chance of being able to circumnavigate the world by boat. (Low sea level may be harder still)
    • Added coastal detail. More coves, bays, islands to make each landmass more interesting to explore, settle and conquer.
    • New river generation. Rivers are now affected by the rainfall option in advanced setups (only when using a "Detailed" map script).
    The following custom maps are included:

Continents - Detailed
    Pangaea - Detailed
    Small Continents - Detailed
    Fractal - Detailed
    Archipelago - Detailed
    Mixed Continents - Detailed
    Island Regions - Detailed
    dschoon, Hitesh12 and Kavis like this.

Recent Updates

1. Oops
  2. Island Regions
  3. Math!
  4. Mixed Continents Update
  5. Mixed Continents
  6. Resource Mod Compatibility & Lake Fix
  7. Lakes again
  8. Localization Fix / Steam Workshop
  9. Real reef fix
  10. Rise & Fall Reef fix

Recent Reviews

1. pokiehl
    pokiehl
    5/5,
    Version: 1.45
    Very fun map scripts, lots of variety
  2. dschoon
    dschoon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Great map script, but it seems Sea Resources no longer spawn as of the Fall 2017 update.
  3. Isengard Hobbit
    Isengard Hobbit
    4/5,
    I like the map that created. I choose fractal and i got a big continent we a few big islands, like more than 8 tiles. The only issue i see, and perhaps is related to the latest patch is that i got zero sea resources.
  4. Shadenaut
    Shadenaut
    5/5,
    Sprawling deserts with multiple oasises, little coves with sea villages and crabs and rainforests that take more than 1 tile and are not even near polar caps - it's haven.
  5. ZeOldOne
    ZeOldOne
    5/5,
    All of this seemed logical to me but still neened a mod. Plus I love twisted coastal design (like irl coasts) and the river thing was needed too imo. Great work, tyvm.
  6. yDNA
    yDNA
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    I used this together with the Larger Worlds by the same author and generated 10 or so Small Continents maps of the largest size and was pretty impressed with the result. Distinct continents with ocean inbetween and occasional large oceans, sometimes a few sometimes lots of islands of various sizes. This was my favorite result:

http://i.imgur.com/wvZwlXf.jpg
  7. Kavis
    Kavis
    5/5,
    Great Maps! Really liked that. It Improves quality of gameplay experience. Recommended for everyone.
  8. Chaoskampf Studios
    Chaoskampf Studios
    5/5,
    Makes Civ 6's map-based city building so much more interesting and engaging. Looking forward to the Inland Sea version!
    1. Seven05
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review. I can add Inland Sea, I wasn't sure if people actually used that one :)
  9. Enlightened Fox
    Enlightened Fox
    5/5,
    Version: 1.02
    I highly recommend this map script, I am using this and discovered the most unique land masses, more rivers, lakes, coves, etc really makes a huge difference. Ice is nearly gone on edges allowing you to fully circumnavigate the world in most cases as he says.
  10. Duranium
    Duranium
    5/5,
    Version: 1.02
    Great job...thx ;)