Detailed Worlds

Detailed Worlds 2.12

Detailed worlds is my personal adjustments to several world generation utility functions and customized map scripts with added detail. The primary objective of this mod is to make the world more interesting, particularly with the detailed versions of the included map scripts.

Basic Features
The following features will work on all generated maps while this mod is activated:
  • Larger deserts without more desert tiles per map. While the deserts will be approximately the same portion of the world they will often be more cohesive resulting in a few larger desert areas rather than many scattered desert tiles.
  • Fixed rain forest placement. No more ugly band of rain forest tiles at the equator! Rain Forest/Jungle placement is now more dependent on the underlying map and will be more frequent in certain areas. Rivers and coastal areas can have large Rain Forest regions. The total number of Rain Forest tiles is that same as the default scripts (and affected by the rainfall option).
Detailed Maps
In additional to the basic features, the detailed version of map scripts also have the following features:
  • Minimal polar land. 99.9% chance of being able to circumnavigate the world by boat. (Low sea level may be harder still)
  • Added coastal detail. More coves, bays, islands to make each landmass more interesting to explore, settle and conquer.
  • New river generation. Rivers are now affected by the rainfall option in advanced setups (only when using a "Detailed" map script).
The following custom maps are included:

Continents - Detailed
Pangaea - Detailed
Small Continents - Detailed
Fractal - Detailed
Archipelago - Detailed
Mixed Continents - Detailed
Island Regions - Detailed
Author
Seven05
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.87 star(s) 15 ratings

More resources from Seven05

Latest updates

1. Quick Fix

- Fix for crash when combined with mods that alter the percentage of coastal lowlands
  2. Coastal Lowland Adjustments

-Coastal lowlands reduced on Archipelago maps -Coastal lowlands evaluate the map within 2 tiles...
  3. Flood Plains!

* Better Volcano Placement (possible bug in original Firacis code fixed) Volcanoes now not...
  4. Gathering Storm Version

Full support for Gathering Storm Starting locations are still horrible, this mod doesn't do...
  5. Oops

- Fixed incorrect file versions, all map types work again!
  6. Island Regions

New map type: Island Regions - Detailed - Fixed errors with random seal level option - Improved...
  7. Math!

Improved build time on most map types Added check to ensure land percent is within expected values
  8. Mixed Continents Update

Several of the recent changes in the Mixed Continents map have been incorporated into all other...
  9. Mixed Continents

New map type: Mixed Continents - Not quite Continents, not quite Small Continents. Mixed...
  10. Resource Mod Compatibility & Lake Fix

Removed changes to resource generation to increase compatibility with other mods. This removes...

Latest reviews

Archipelago ... finally!!!
I really do not understand why it is not in the vanilla games.
Firaxis are lazy
Wonderful map script that has delivered on creating unique detailed worlds, more so than in the base game, far beyond base quality, in fact.
i think the focusing biomes in one location should be TONED DOWN at least for DESERT... i had a large map that had 2 civs fully on desert
beside this i did enjoy the change of scenery
Very fun map scripts, lots of variety
Great map script, but it seems Sea Resources no longer spawn as of the Fall 2017 update.
I like the map that created. I choose fractal and i got a big continent we a few big islands, like more than 8 tiles. The only issue i see, and perhaps is related to the latest patch is that i got zero sea resources.
Sprawling deserts with multiple oasises, little coves with sea villages and crabs and rainforests that take more than 1 tile and are not even near polar caps - it's haven.
All of this seemed logical to me but still neened a mod. Plus I love twisted coastal design (like irl coasts) and the river thing was needed too imo. Great work, tyvm.
I used this together with the Larger Worlds by the same author and generated 10 or so Small Continents maps of the largest size and was pretty impressed with the result. Distinct continents with ocean inbetween and occasional large oceans, sometimes a few sometimes lots of islands of various sizes. This was my favorite result:

http://i.imgur.com/wvZwlXf.jpg
Top Bottom