Simple mod that changes district cost to scale based on the number of identical districts already built rather than with science progress and relative number compared to other civs.
The idea is that (1) scientific improvements shouldn't make districts more expensive to build and (2) there is currently no disadvantage to going wide rather than tall. This provides at least a district cost increase to going wide.
This is completely experimental--I don't know if it will turn out to be a good idea or not.
* Base district cost is now multiplied by the era of the tech or civic required to produce it;
* Costs increase per copy at the rate of 5/12 original base cost for 1 per city districts (i.e, 25 hammers a copy for most districts), and half that for multiple per city districts (i.e., neighborhoods).
* Special districts now cost and increase at 2/3 the rate of the base districts, instead of the default 1/2.
With the new formulas applied to the base districts (they're applied by SQL updates with formulas, so should also work with district mods), the current version gives:
Code:DistrictType Cost Increase DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS 80 17 DISTRICT_AERODROME 360 25 DISTRICT_AQUEDUCT 100 21 DISTRICT_BATH 66 14 DISTRICT_CAMPUS 60 25 DISTRICT_COMMERCIAL_HUB 120 25 DISTRICT_ENCAMPMENT 60 25 DISTRICT_ENTERTAINMENT_COMPLEX 120 25 DISTRICT_HANSA 120 17 DISTRICT_HARBOR 120 25 DISTRICT_HOLY_SITE 60 25 DISTRICT_INDUSTRIAL_ZONE 180 25 DISTRICT_LAVRA 40 17 DISTRICT_MBANZA 120 8 DISTRICT_NEIGHBORHOOD 300 13 DISTRICT_ROYAL_NAVY_DOCKYARD 80 17 DISTRICT_SPACEPORT 2000 0 DISTRICT_STREET_CARNIVA 80 17 DISTRICT_THEATER 120 25
The 5/12 number was chosen to approximate the same overall progression as the per civ/tech version for a normal sized map, which was 1000% over the game. At a 25 per copy increase, for instance, the 22nd campus built will cost 600, the same as it would cost at the end of the tech or civics tree.
Suggested adjustments for map size are in the comments in Districts.sql. Later I may adjust the multiplier automatically based on map size.
This does get rid of the spend 1 turn to start a district to lock in the cost exploit, btw--a started but unfinished district still counts for the increase per copy cost.
Feedback (positive or negative) is welcome.
As usual, unzip the file to Documents\My Games\Civilization VI\Mods
District Cost Mod 3.00
Changes district cost to scale based on the number of identical districts already built
- Summer Patch Update Feb 24, 2017
- Balance Changes Nov 11, 2016
- District costs increase with number--balance update Nov 9, 2016