Resource icon

Droids 2

Thread

This mod adds a couple of different droids employed by the Confederacy of Independent Systems as late game units. Not a whole load of thought went into balancing these robots, any suggestions on that are welcome. :lol:

A battle droid (also referred to as war droid, combat droid, or killer droid) was any droid designed for combat.

There were numerous types of battle droids. They predated the Galactic Republic by thousands of years, with the earliest known being Rakatan ancient droids and the war-robots used by Xim the Despot.

Many of the best known battle droids were those used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars.

At the end of the Clone Wars, Sith Lord Darth Vader turned off the Master control signal, deactivating most of the Separatist Droid Army. After this, battle droids were extremely rare.

One thing all battle droids had in common was that they had limited intelligence. They were programmed to follow orders, and not much else, though they did have personalities.

Specifically a Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Drodieka, and MagnaGuard unit. They all use custom or semi custom animations which have varying degrees of functionality. The droid models are all converted from Star Wars Battlefront 2. The Battle Droid's animation is based off of the NextWarAutomation kfm. The Super Battle Droid's and Droideka's(I honestly can't believe I got it to do that) animation are based off of the RedCoat kfm. The MagnaGuard just outright uses the longbowman's melee animations.

A few of the units animations are a bit dodgy but they all work.

There is also now an AAT, NR-N99, Vulture Droid, and HMP Gunship. All converted from Star War Battlefront 2. They all use basic unedited tank, jet fighter, and gunship kfms respectively.

There are also now a few space fighters, and capital ships.
  • droids_GS8.png
    droids_GS8.png
    695.4 KB · Views: 2,837
  • battledroid_F2i.png
    battledroid_F2i.png
    847.6 KB · Views: 439
  • superbattledroid_qfO.png
    superbattledroid_qfO.png
    854.1 KB · Views: 449
  • droideka_4Tu.png
    droideka_4Tu.png
    857.3 KB · Views: 468
  • magnaguard_D52.png
    magnaguard_D52.png
    847.9 KB · Views: 472
  • cisveh_UhJ.png
    cisveh_UhJ.png
    453.8 KB · Views: 1,614
  • ships_20p.png
    ships_20p.png
    362.1 KB · Views: 487
Author
clanky4
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from clanky4

Latest updates

1. droideka laser update

Edited the droideka nif and ranged strike kf to add a laser/blast effect. Blast is default.

Latest reviews

Really good units.
Very nice units and animations. Thanks :D
Top Bottom