1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

EE2 Building Pack 4 - Forts Part 1 2016-10-05

EE2 Building Pack 4 - Forts Part 1

1. Walter Hawkwood
    As usual, 512x512 textures are included separately.

EUROPEAN FORTS

1) A wooden structure, fit for early age. Very complex model, uses 3 textures. Generally, I'd say not worth it.

2) Castle number one. Relatively simple model, nice textures.

3) Castle number two. A bit more complex model, but still in mid-range; some details are easily removed from the model. Nice.

4) Castle number three. Very complex model. The top half can easily be removed (although the result looks pretty strange).

5) A Renaissance-era fort. A very nice model. If something spoils it, it's the cannons - they account for almost half the model's polys, up to the point that I'm providing a separate cannon-free nif (but I have to admit it looks much nicer with cannons).

6) Modern (?) fort. This one is flawed; for some reason the cannons here are not textured. You can remove them, but then the turrets will look stupid. Which is a pity, because model is nice overall.

MESOAMERICAN FORTS

1) This one is, for some reason, shared with Mideastern culture. A moderately complex model, and one visually more fitting Middle East than Mesoamerica.

2) A nice model with two sacrificial altars included for added user pleasure.

3) A good-looking and relatively simple model.

4) The simplest model of them all, almost on par with vanilla Civ.

5) A strange hybrid of Aztec architecture and Alamo. The same cannon stuff as with Euro fort. No-cannon model included, and actually looks a tad better than Euro fort does without cannons.

6) This one looks more like a heavily armed prison to me.

Images

1. forts_euro_fb6.jpg
    2. forts_meso_B7o.jpg