Resource icon

Eurasian Antiquity1A 2016-10-05

Don't listen to the comments below read my reply.
This is an old world map with 18 ancient age civilizations to be used with Pies Ancient Europe Mod. The map is 14 400 tiles with dimensions of 80 by 180 in size, Jabot is the maker of the original may. The map has been edited for this scenario.

Download link for Pies Mod is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=352646. This Mod is phenomenal as is Jabot's map. Here is another version of the Mod with working leader heads and more art work etc: http://www.divshare.com/download/10559246-f3b and is great.

The map with mod is built for the Romans and is comprised of ancient age civilizations.
I wanted a game where i could begin my Roman story fighting for the soon to be wholly owned Roman peninsula and that should be your first goal and its not easy on diety with each civ having a warrior with triple city defense. It takes time to work out and you might start again a few times but i have done it several times. If you have trouble let me know. I will assist.

I chose jabot's Eurasian map and edited down to the old world, to keep my computer running, and also because i didn't want my game to end after i achieve my goal of building the equivalent of my Roman empire spanning the meditereanen. I also hate seeing the end of the map. Hence, I have Attila out there to be the late stage threat along with the Kuhorsehockyes situated toward central Africa with plenty of land.

I have extensively play tested this and to my surprise I have seen the Egyptians rise up into a super power and the German tribes become a real threat.

I would describe this map as a resource rich model in that i made sure all civs had great starting locations but i kept in mind trade. And no the Romans don't have olives atleast in the early part of their history they got them from Spain if i remember right.

The mod is great because it brings back things lost since civ 3 like early exploration where you drive around in your scouts like their cars discovering the whole world in a few turns. As you will see it is not possible with this mod. In the early game there is isolation or regional isolation. In additon with this mod the world is not over taken by one religion. Health is a big issue with this mod in line with the ancient age. Although you may get a few early cities as the Romans, the game is not over because the mod has a unique way of stopping your expansion with bankruptcy and in turn slave revolts which could result in losing a city to renegade slaves. And does it in a real cool way that doesn't get you too angry.

I have a five year old computer that runs this map and mod with minimal wait between turns. It will probaly get longer in the late game but there should be plenty to do by then.

This version of the map has Augustus as leader of the Romans with Macedonians. The other posts will have the greeks instead of the Macedonians with alternate Roman leaders. With each version of the map there is also an alternate leader type for Lars Porsenna (Etruscans).

An if there are any spelling bees out there please forgive any spelling eras. I just gotta have one more turn.

Civs.

Italy: Rome, Etruscans, Samnites.

Spain: Tartessians and Averaci.

Phonecians in Lebanon.

Mesopotamia: Babylon and Sumerians.

Hittites bordering Turkey.

Carthage, Numidians (neighbouring Carthage) and Egypt In Africa

Huns Location not in Russia but probably you would say central Asia a few cities away from the baltic.

The Kuhorsehockyes have been placed toward central Africa but not too far from Egypt as they figure prominent in Egypts history.

Germanic tribes reside in Poland which was the case in early ancient times.
  • eurasiascreenshot_1_7sf.jpg
    eurasiascreenshot_1_7sf.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 225
Author
Constantine67
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 6 ratings
Top Bottom