1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Ultima 2016-10-05

Europa Ultima

1. el_hidalgo
    85x60 map of Europe extending from western Iceland the Aral Sea; from the Arctic Circle to the Tropic of Cancer. Historical starting locations and randomized resources.

I called it "Europa Ultima" for a couple of reasons. One, I wanted to create an "ultimate" European map, one that covers a greater area than any other European map out there (much of it geographically non-European but still a part of the European narrative). As far as I know, it's the only European map that has room for both Reykjavik and Muscat.

The second reason is that I am thinking it will be the last European map I make. I might build on it, or revise it, or make smaller versions of it, but I made this from scratch, 100% by hand, and I don't think I want to do that again! I put a ridiculous amount of work into this. I hope you will like it!

If you have any questions or comments, please visit the discussion thread.

Images

1. europa_ultima_E82.png