Extended Diplomacy Ribbon

Extended Diplomacy Ribbon Discontinued

Do you want to up your Diplomatic Game to the next level without getting an Accountant degree? Would you like to see all relevant political information in one place for quick, optimal decisions, without diving into countless, different windows and subwindows? If you answered yes, then EDR is for you.

This mod extends the Diplomacy Ribbon to display all the relevant diplomatic information in one place. All the information displayed is available in-game in vanilla Civ6, but in different places of the UI and not readily at hand. EDR combines all that information into a simple, readable and always present combination of tooltips, mouse overs and clicks. It is an essential mod for the serious diplomat.

Main features:
+ Compatible with vanilla civ 6 and the Expansion Rise and Fall
+ Does not affect save games nor Achievements: plug in or out at any time!
+ Non-cheat Policy: all information in EDR is available in-game in Civ 6
+ EDR uses Civ 6 extensibility feature, so that this mod does not touch any original game file, but extends the relevant one. By doing this, it should be resilient to patches (we will see soon enough)

Origins:
This mod is an enhancement of the original extensions I coded for CQUI. I do not like CQUI's banner hanging from the ribbon, so I decided to create a powerful, extensible and flexible tooltip instead. The Diplo Ribbon in this mod is considerably extended and better than the original I coded.

Extensions:
+ The Leader Icon tooltip displays the most relevant political, statistical and economical information for the corresponding civilization; the information is color coded, following the same color pallete as available in other parts of the UI.
+ The tooltip includes a summary of the tradable resources as shown inside the deal view for quick reference
+ The relationship icon shows the diplomatic modifiers, color coded, and the total value
+ With easy combinations of mouse and keys or button, the player can select any of the leaders and quickly see his/her relationship with other leaders
+ Right-click the leader icon to go straight to the deal view (or peace deal, if at war and the counter reached zero)

How to Use:
+ Mouse over any leader to display the extended tooltip at any time
+ Mouse over the relationship icon to see the diplomatic modifiers
+ Right-click a leader icon to go straight to the deal view window
+ If at war, and only after the peace counter expired, right-click the leader icon to go to the peace deal
+ Hold CTRL down and mouse over, or Middle Click, any leader icon to change relationship icons of the other leaders, to quickly see the relations of the selected leader; the golden circular indicator changes to the selected leader
+ If the selected leader has not met all civilizations yet, those unmet will display the default "unknown" icon and no relationship
+ To go back to the default display of the Diplo Ribbon (player leader selected), simply mouse over, middle click or right click on your leader's icon

I hope you enjoy this great diplomat's tool as much as I do!

If you have ideas on what else to include in the mod, write a comment, as long as it respects the Non-Cheat Policy.

Visit the Workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1360462633

View attachment 493353

View attachment 493354

View attachment 493355

View attachment 493356
Author
Aristos
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Latest updates

1. Discontinued

Look for it on Steam Workshop.
  2. Discontinued

Steam Workshop
  3. Updated to version 1.04 for GS, R&F and Vanilla

NEW!! in Version 1.04: + Added Unique Resource Indicator Icon inside Diplomacy Deal View to...
  4. Version 1.03

NEW! in Version 1.03: + Added Trade Indicator Icon to signal that a civilization has a surplus...
  5. Extended Diplomacy Ribbon updated to v 1.02

Updated to version 1.02 + Fixed a small bug with relationship icons + Added citizen and city...

Latest reviews

crtl and mouse over the portraits - just too awesome - many thx for this great mod
Aristos
Aristos
It is cool, isn't it? One of those "Eureka!" moments that I decided to convert into a little block of code for everyone's enjoyment... plus, what is the nonsense of having to visit each and every leader to see their relations??? The moment you visit the second, you don't remember the first one anymore...
Super useful and awesome!
Aristos
Aristos
Thanks! I really enjoy it, both playing with it and coding it.
Top Bottom