Resource icon

Farther Zoom 1.0

A mod that lets you zoom farther out to see more of the map, and closer in to admire the intricate detail of the game's gorgeous graphics.

Unlike its predecessors, this mod works in both World View and Strategic View. It also tilts the camera more aggressively in closeups, and less when further out.

The mod only touches one file, Camera.artdef. My version of it includes several human-friendly comments to describe what's going on in case you want to further tweak things. See the accompanying Readme.txt for more information, and if you're of a more technical persuasion here are the complete changes I made.

Note: If you see clipping artifacts (i.e. yellow hex tiles) around the edges when you zoom out, try this. I've done my best to minimize their occurrence compared to other "zoom out further" mods, but can't account for all screen resolutions and graphics settings.
Author
rkagerer
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 6 ratings

Latest reviews

Its a must have!
Zoom-zoom-zoom and a boom-boom

Props!
great mod, much easier than using the command console
Makes the game so much better, although there still are some minor glitches at max distance. Nothing game-breaking, and zooming in even just a tiny bit will make it go away.
Good simple mod, thanks!
I was wanting to make this myself, thanks very much, saves me learning how to Mod Civ 6, though I intend to do so at some point. Kudos :D
Top Bottom