Resource icon

Final Earth Map 2016-10-05

NOW ADAPTED FOR VERSION 1.29f !!

Download the version 1.29f of the map that you can find at the bottom of this message.

Here's the Miller's projection of the earth. Alaska is near Russia and sizes are almost respected (it's NOT Mercator's projection where Greenland is as big as Africa, here, Greenland is around 16 times smaller than Africa). The Bering Strait is a strait, Italy looks like Italy (even if Sicily is really tiny and connected to Italy), there's islands in the pacific ocean (marshall islands, polynesia, etc...).

Civilizations birthplaces are in the same place as in reality which creates a little problem because european civilization are fighting to create new cities as firsts (some place is missing when we play with 16 civilizations).

I've also placed barbarian camps and goodie huts where there's the most people today and also in historical place such as Jerusalem, Mecca, the Incans or Scandinavia. To decide if it was a goodie hut or a barbarian camp, i've just cared about distances between it and a civilization birthplace. Just to avoid barbarian invasion that doesn't let us time to create our first warrior.

Each ressources are placed like in reality. As my knowledge about it isn't infinite I would like people to tell me about it to make changes for a later version.

I've placed ocean/sea/coast regarding to the depth of the seas in the real world. It's pretty fun cause we can reach Canada through Greenland from Europe using Galleys as did the vikings. We can reach caribean islands from Europe using Caravels as did Christopher Colombus. And we must wait galleon to explore south Pacific Islands as did James Cook.

Civilizations are growing in a pretty realistic way. Russia is going to the east because there's too many people in Europe. France go to Spain, Germany to central Europe, China (Beijing) goes to the south or Japan goes in the pacific islands. I've put wheats and cattles in the places where there's today the most humans. That means mainly Europe, China and India, but also, the east of the US, south american east coast, Nigeria, North Africa, south east Australian coast.
:crazyeyes :crazyeyes :crazyeyes

About my critics now
Europe is very small and in the fight to found new cities, Rome is often the loser. Japan and England wait centuries to start to devellop to get out of their islands. Computer civilizations never declare war between each other, I guess that comes from the AI and I've nothing to deal with, but it's pretty boring to see so much pacifist people.

Only few civilizations can build the Iron works small wonder. (Germany, France, England, America, Iroquois and China). What else to say... well that's all... I'm waiting for your critics !

write me soon.

Oh, by the way, it's really boring cause we cannot go to the black sea from the mediterranean sea like we used to do in Civilization 2. Regarding to history, it's not weird to think that boats and pedestrians can cross that area. I tell that because Japan and the UK are really penalized cause they must wait trireme to get out of their islands. It would be easier to join also Gibraltar and Sweden with Denmark.
Author
SuperBeaverInc.
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Top Bottom