Fish Farms

Fish Farms 1.7.0

• Should now properly work for the Royal Navy Dockyard.
  • Changed the Harbor adjacency bonuses to +3 for the adjacent city center. +1 gold for every 2 adjacent fishing boats changed to +1 gold for every 2 adjacent coast tiles.
  • Plastics adjacency removed and returned to its vanilla +1 food.
  • New adjacency bonus added for fishing boats: +1 gold for every 2 adjacent fishing boats. Unlocked at Celestial Navigation.
  • A city that has both a Harbor and a Commercial Hub gets +2 gold to trade routes originating in that city.
I haven't looked at this mod in a while, but I thought I'd give it a little update.
  • Code cleanup to hopefully prevent conflicts.
  • +2 Gold adjacency bonus for the Harbor when adjacent to the city center.
I'll probably upload it to the Steam Workshop shortly if you prefer to use that as well.
One last addition: Harbors now receive +1 Gold for every 2 fishing boat improvements. This is an indirect buff to the Shipyard as well. This change is included in the FishFarmsBuildings.xml so removing that file will also remove this change, if you have other mods that modify the harbor.
At this point I consider the mod to be mostly feature-complete. I'll put the full details in the opening post, but the gist is that I've modified the Lighthouse and the Seaport slightly. I decided to leave the Harbor and Shipyard alone. The building changes are in separate files, so you can remove both of the files that have "building" in the name to remove those changes if you want to use this mod in conjunction with another mod that modifies the harbor and its buildings.

I'd appreciate feedback re: Naval Tradition. This is the civic that feels "right" to me for the fishing boat adjacency boost, but the AI tends to ignore it, which hurts them. If I moved it to a civic like Civil Service or Guilds, the AI would be more likely to utilize the Medieval adjacency boost. Thoughts?

Also, make sure to tell me if you encounter any bugs or weird behavior. I haven't found any in the game I'm running to test the mod, but feedback is always helpful. One thing: this mod will only affect buildings that have been built since the mod was updated. If, by chance, you were using a previous version of the mod and built lighthouses or seaports and update to this version, only newly-built buildings will be affected.

Here's a screenshot of a post-Plastics Islands map with lots of fishing boats out:

Spoiler :
This is a very small update to fix the fact that it looks like the Naval Tradition boost was obsoleting with the wrong tech. That's been corrected, it now obsoletes with Plastics (when it's upgraded).
Top Bottom