current version: beta 0.8
release date: 11.11.2007
about this mod:
- civ3conquests patch 1.22
- ca. 500mb disc space
- english or american version
gaia - epic: new challanges, new dimensions (gaia - episch: neue herausforderungen, neue größe in german) is an epic mod. the game starts in the ancient times till the present times with some futuristic projects. please note that this version in complete in german!
- unrar the file in your "c:...\civilization3\conquests\scenarios" folder.
you can also try these "bonus steps"
- copy and paste the LSANS file from the folder called "extra" in your "c:...\civilization3\conquests\". vistausers have to accept the font with a right click and the order "install". delete the font "lucida sans standard" in the "c:\windows\fonts" folder and install the backup of the font to cancel this step. this mod includes the backup of all fontfiles!
- this mods requires the english or american version! german users have to use goethes tool.
some main facts:
- new unitconcepts (spies, ssbn, navyfighters, spyplanes, uav, ...)
- each cultural area has one unique unit
- new civilopedia-concepts for units and buildings
- continuative civilizations
- each goverment has one unique small wonder
- new font
- new unit-stats
- new techtree
- revised menu- and gamelanguage (german)
other changed stuff:
- 75 generic landunits (+ 108 specific units)
- 40 generic seaunits (+ 28 specific units)
- 36 generic airunits (+ 77 specific units)
- > 364 units
- 39 wonders (incl. 12 complete new buildings)
- 22 small wonders (incl. 12 complete new buildings)
- 50 city improvements
- > 111 buildings
- 8 strategic resources
- 8 luxury resources
- 23 bonus resources (incl. 9 complete new resources)
- > 39 resources
- 102 technologies (incl. 13 complete new tech icons)
- 11 governments
- some eatereggs
- new soundeffects
- revised citynames (german)
- new interface graphics
- smaller city- and terrainbuilding graphics
- best of goodyhuts
- improved civilopedia icons (standard units and buildings)
- more buildings are specific to each era
- the scientific leader is specific to each era
- a new titlescreen (in the "extra" folder)
i started this project 2-3 years ago. first of all i wanted to fix some bugs (citynames, ...), but then i started to add units. first of all with the "light tank" from the wwII scenario and so the story goes on.
this mod is not a one-person production! this mod includes many graphics and ideas of other civfanatics. the following list is incomplete, but this guys are the main characters of this project and i thank everyone for their works!
please note that i edit files. the filename of these files are characterized with the name affix "edit" or "alt".
thanks a lot to:
- Ares de Borg
- CivArmy s. 1994
- Wyrmshadow (hats off for the king of c&c!)
- the error message “WARNING! Maximum hypertext links exceeded” is very annoying, but this message doesn't influence the gameplay.
- sweden and argentina don't have a special unit in this version.
- sometimes the new font caused a pink shadow. change "edge smoothing" to "standart" to fix this problem.
- more units
- unit- and buildingfixes
- a comprehensive readme and some indexes of all units, buildings, governments and resources
- writing the last civilopedia entries
- some scenarios
- new governments
- and a english version
for questions and discussions please visit this thread!
gaia - beta version 0.8 2016-10-05
gaia - beta version 0.8