Resource icon

HEFT: a ModMod for LeSage's Fairy Tale 2016-10-05

HEFT (Hoss Enhanced Fairy Tale) 1.0 Mod Mod by Highwayhoss

INTRODUCTION:
HEFT is a ModMod for LeSage's Fairy Tale Mod; it adds new promotions and perks, new and modified civics, reworked traits, a new building, a new mapscript and various tweaks.

INSTALLATION:
You MUST have Fairy Tale Version 7 to use this ModMod. Unzip HEFT to your Mod Folder and replace files when prompted.

FEATURES:

PROMOTIONS AND PERKS:
(Zuul's Promotions and Perks updated by Horem: ) This Modcomp strengthens existing promotions and adds a bunch of new ones; it also gives bonuses for Forts, Stacks and a random chance for a hero promotion. It also has a Negative Promotion (PROMOTION_CROWDED) for stacks larger than 12 units to encourage players to spread units out more. Adventurer promotions have been boosted as well.

CIVICS:
For Civics, I modified the existing Civics using Davane's BtS Daily Mod and also incorporated topsecret's Civics Mod adding new Civics to each category and a new Civic Category (Military).Combined with the new promotions, units will be stronger as a result.

TRAITS:
Traits have been tweaked considerably. I incorporated ideas from Munch's Alternate Traits V4 and the proposed WASP Mod by Jaroth. The Traits are as follows:

Agg - Free Promo (Attack I,City Raider I): Melee, Mounted
- Double Speed: Barracks, Stable

I changed the Unit Promos to reflect the trait's nature more clearly; also made Stables cheaper for this trait.

Cha - +1 :)
- Max 1 Turn of Anarchy
- -25% Exp for Promos
- Double Speed: National Wonders, Monument

Pretty much unchanged except that Charismatic leaders can build national wonders faster, plus they suffer less from anarchy.

Cre - +25% :culture: /City
- +1 :)
- +25% World Wonders
- Double Speed: Theater, Colesseum

Creative leaders will pop borders faster, plus they can build World Wonders faster. Also Creative Civs will tend to be happier.

Exp - +3 :health: /City
- Double Speed: Granary, Water Well, Settlers
- +35% :food: from :traderoute:

With cheap settlers, granaries and water wells, plus increased health and food from trade routes, Expansive civs will grow and expand quicker than other civs.

Fin - +35% :traderoute: Yield
- +10% :commerce:

The Financial trait has been altered to emphasize trade routes rather than cottages. Instead of cottage spamming, Financial Leaders will seek out trade routes instead.

Imp - Double Speed: Dungeon
- Max 1 Turn of Anarchy
- Free Promo (Combat I): Meele, Archer, Mounted
- +100% Great General Points

Better trained troops that can quickly put down rebellions, plus increased Great General points and cheap dungeons insure that Imperialist leaders can wage war
longer and with more effective troops.

Ind - Double Speed: Forge, Workers
- +1 :hammer: in tiles with 3+ :hammers:
- +25% :hammers: from :traderoute:

This trait reflects a hard working population; Cheap forges and workers plus increased hammer production from tiles and trade routes mean Industrious leaders will build more quickly (the Wonder bonus has been removed to avoid balance issues with Philosophical.)

Org - -50% Civic Upkeep
- No Anarchy
- Double Speed: Courthouse

In addition to reduced maintainence costs and cheap courthouses, Organized leaders can now change civics with no anarchy.

Phi - +100% GPP
- +1 :science: /City
- Double Speed: Library

This trait now adds cheap libraries and increased science output to the Great Person bonus.

Pro - Double Speed: Walls, Castle
- Free Promo (Defence I, City Garrison I): Archer, Meele
- +50% Domestic Great General Points

Protective leaders can defend their territory better due to defensive promotions for troops, cheap walls and castles and increased number of Great General points.

Spi - Double Speed: Temples, Monasteries, Cathedrals
- +50% :espionage:

Since Espionage in Fairy Tale is conducted by magic users, Spiritual leaders get a bonus to Espionage points plus cheap religious buildings.

NEW BUILDINGS:

Water Well by OrionVeteran : In Fairy Tale, Water Wells serve as the equivalent to the standard game's Aqueducts.

NEW MAPSCRIPT:

Fractal Arboria by Junuxx : This mapscript generates a lush, beautiful forest world with lots of fish and deer resources. No ugly plains or tundra here!...a lovely setting for a Fairy Tale.

TWEAKS:

-Removed the health penalty for Flood Plains (since Planet Generator script can generate lots of them).
-Spear and Crossbow units do not require Iron or Copper to build (so if you are lack access to or are cut off from Iron you won't be totally helpless).
-Horse Archers and Skirmisher units have increased withdrawl chances (making them ideal for hit and run attacks).
-Castle Defense reduced to 25% (to compensate for Fort promotions).

CREDITS:
LeSage for his wonderful Fairy Tale mod which inspired this ModMod.
Zuul for the Promotions and Perks (and Horem for his BtS update of this modcomp).
Davane and topsecret for Civics.
Munch and Jaroth for the Trait ideas.
Orion Veteran for his Waterwell.
Junuxx for the Fractal Arboria mapscript.
and finally all the great modders of the Civfanatics board who taught this truck driver how to mod.

VERSION HISTORY:

1.0-Initial release.
Author
Highwayhoss
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from Highwayhoss

Top Bottom