Immersive Eras + Realistic Research
This is a combination of both Immersive Eras and Realistic Research. This is both mods in their entirety. There is no need to load the two original mods.
Complete most Techs and Civics in each Era in order to progress to the next.
Both the Tech Tree and the Civics Tree have been completely reorganized to maximize immersion.
Each Era is unlocked with a key Technology or Civic. (An exception is made in the Tech tree at the Information era because it causes an unusually long load time.)
A naval line of techs begins in the Ancient era and ends in the Renaissance era. Land locked civs don't need naval techs until they reach the Industrial era.
An air unit line of techs begins in the Modern era and ends in the Information era. Air unit techs can be avoided until the Information era but are still required to complete the Tech tree.
Now the AI is forced to research everything in hopes that it will utilize all available units.
Research costs have been changed only as needed for balance.
This mod is designed to be compatible with all mods that don't make changes to the Tech tree or Civics tree.
The purpose of this mod is to make Eurekas and Inspirations more vital to your progress through the Tech and Civics trees.
Techs and Civics are now 2 times more expensive. In other words, boosts are now much more important.
Eurekas and Inspirations now boost 75%. This gets you to the cost of where base game boosts get you.
Made some changes to Eurekas and Inspirations for gameplay and for realism.
Changes to Eurekas and Inspirations
- The Wheel is now boosted by building a granary. (The idea is to connect Pottery to The Wheel)
- Writing is now boosted by having Foreign Trade
- Apprenticeship is boosted by having the Guilds civic
- Stirrups is boosted by having 3 Horsemen
- Machinery is boosted by having 2 Catapults
- Military Engineering is boosted by having 3 Battering Rams
- Castles is boosted by having Feudalism civic
- Siege Tactics is boosted by having 3 Siege Towers (as it was you were forced to research Metal Casting first)
- Cartography is boosted by discovering a second continent. (I found this boost to be a penalty at Foreign Trade)
- Square Rigging is now boosted by building 2 Harbors
- Banking is now boosted by building 3 Commercial Hubs
- Metal Casting is now boosted by having 2 Knights
- Military Science is now boosted by having 3 Encampments
- Electricity is boosted by building 6 Industrial Zones
- Advanced Ballistics is boosted by having 3 Artillery
- Future Tech is boosted by building 3 Spaceports
- Foreign Trade is now boosted when you meet another civilization
- Colonialism is boosted by building 6 plantations
- Suffrage is boosted by maintaining 10 trade routes
- Ideology is boosted by building a Broadcast Center
- Future Civic is boosted by building 6 world wonders
China's trait Dynastic Cycle: Eurekas and Inspirations provide 80% of civics and technologies instead of 75%.
This keeps China at their original balance.
Immersive Eras + Realistic Research V. 1.01
Immersive Eras combined with Realistic Research
- Fixed some costs Dec 5, 2017