This is an earlier version of NexusBuddy that I still find the most useful. This can be used for a number of things.
1. Remove the propriety protection from any .gr2 file. Just open and save the .gr2 in NexusBuddy and you will be able to view the vanilla asset in GrannyViewer. *
2. Reskin vanilla units. Just open the gr2, switch the textures in NexusBuddy to your new ones (use a different name) and re-save the gr2.
3. Convert custom made FBX files to Civilization 5 gr2 format.
4. Can also be used for its original purpose of making animation gr2 files for units.
* - If you do this for unit animation gr2s as well as the unit mesh itself you can load vanilla animations in GrannyViewer as well.
To install just drop the exe into your Nexus root directory e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v sdk\Nexus\x86
IndieStone NexusBuddy v1.0a 2016-10-05
IndieStone NexusBuddy v1.0a