Java Class Light Cruiser (1925)

Java Class Light Cruiser (1925) 2021-10-05

The Java class was a class of light cruisers of the Royal Netherlands Navy, named after the island of Java in the Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia). Originally, three ships were planned: Java, Sumatra, and Celebes. Celebes was intended to be the flagship of the naval commander in the Dutch East Indies, and therefore she was slightly bigger than the other two ships. However, the contract was cancelled with 30 tons of material already prepared (A new ship, HNLMS De Ruyter was later built to fill that place).

The class was designed by the Germaniawerft in Kiel, but constructed in the Netherlands. These were designed to counter the Japanese reconnaissance cruisers of the Chikuma class of 1912, and by 1913 standards these were big, fast and heavily armed with 10 x 150 mm (5.9 inch) guns. However, these were not turret-mounted, and by the time the cruisers were finally launched after all the delays caused by the upheaval of World War I (Sumatra in 1920, Java in 1921), the ships had already become outdated.

The file contains all the sounds and pcx files. Model is not my own creation. Wyrmshadow provided the animation files and Ares de Borg did the sounds. I merely put the pieces together and cleaned up the model for CivIII and added some what if pieces. A big thanks to everyone that helped out!
  • Java1925.jpg
    Java1925.jpg
    618.8 KB · Views: 89
Author
Delta_Strife
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Delta_Strife