Resource icon

Jurassic Park: 65 Million Years in the Making 2016-10-05

Intro

For several years, the eccentric CEO of InGen, John Hammond has been building, a sort of 'biological preserve' on his private island 120 miles of the coast of Costa Rica. Unbeknownst to the public, the island is actually an amusement park showcasing certain genetically recreated dinosaur species. Recent events have spooked Hammond's considerable investors, so, to placate them, he has enlisted paleontologist Alan Grant and his paleobotanist graduate student Ellie Sattler to act as fresh consultants. They stand in counterbalance to a well-known mathematician and chaos theorist named Ian Malcolm and a lawyer representing the investors, Donald Gennaro. They are the first people to ever experience Jurassic Park.

Just when all seems well, the power shuts off, the work of a disgruntled employee, and the dinosaurs break free. With the consultants in the park, not to mention Hammonds two grandchildren, Tim and Lex, the fate of Jurassic Park lies in your hands...

Victory

Victory is achieved either through standard conquest, by gaining 66% of the terrain and 66% of the population, returning Jurassic Park's frozen embryos (AKA a princess) to your HQ, or managing to escape Isla Nublar and land on the main land via victory point location. Otherwise, the winner is the side with the highest score at game end (Day 300; 300 turns).

Continuity

This scenario tries to stick to the books as close as possible, although elements from all three films has been included, including quotes from the movie. Also, due to the fact that some dino graphics don't exist, some key dinos aren't present, most notably the diloposaurs and compys. Sorry guys, but it's the best I can do! And yes, there are spinosaurs.

Credits

So many, many people. I've used a large amount of graphis for this scenario. Due credit goes to Vuldacon and King Arthur for making/tweaking "Escape From Zombie Island" from which many units, icons, ideas, and sentances were sampled ( ). Aaglo, Kinboat, la-dav, Dom Pedra II, NavyDawg, CivArmy s. 1994, Balou, Plotinus, TheMorpheus, Firaxis, and many, many more. If I missed your name, don't scream and yell, just PM me and tell me you'd like credit. I'd be more then happy to help!

And, a HUGE thanks goes out to Balthasar for his diligant work on the graphics. He made the second incarnation of this scenario a lot more intersting to look at. Hooray for Balthasar and his graphic editing prowess!

Thread HERE!
Author
Lord Malbeth
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Latest updates

1. Jurassic Park MEGA Upload

Jurassic Park MEGA Upload