INTRODUCTION AND INFO

Tired of the limitations of the default camera? Wanting to zoom in an all the detailed glory of your neighbor's capital right before you nuke it? If so, this mod is for you.

WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO?

This mod is simply a Camera.artdef with a few values tweaked to allow the user to zoom in closer and zoom out further. It also adjusts the pitch of the camera when zoomed in and out. This file also works with my other mod PhotoKinetik, a ReShade preset that alters the color palette and makes use of Marty McFly's Depth of Field shader, allowing for much more cinematic gameplay and screenshots. Grab PhotoKinetik here.

WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?

INSTALLATION
1. Backup your original Camera.artdef file by going to "\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\ArtDefs". Find your original Camera.artdef, right click and select "Send to" and choose "Compressed (Zipped) Folder". Name the .zip whatever you want and hit enter.

2. Download "KinetiKam.zip" from the resource link.

3. Open "KinetiKam.zip" and you will see my "Camera.artdef". Copy and paste it in "\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\ArtDefs". Allow the new file to overwrite your existing Camera.artdef file.

4. Profit.

NOTES/KNOWN ISSUES
None.

FAQ
Is it savegame compatible?

Yes.
What did you edit/How did you do this?

I edited a few values in the file. Here is a basic description of the values and what they do:

"HeightCurve" is the CollectionName for all variables relating to height, of which there are 4.

"HeightCurve2" is the sub-collection category for the two variables that control camera transition speed and maximum distance when zooming out.

The two variables are:
"Time" - appears to control transition speed and smoothness. 0 is slowest and the higher the variable the quicker and less smooth the transition. The default value is 100.000000.
"Height" - appears to control the maximum distance away from focal point. The default value is 600.000000.

"HeightCurve1" is the sub-collection category for the two variables that control camera transition speed and maximum distance when zooming in.

The two variables are:
"Time" - appears to control transition speed and smoothness. 0 is slowest and the higher the variable the quicker and less smooth the transition. The default value is 0.000000.
"Height" - appears to control the maximum zoom level to focal point. The default value is 120.000000.

"TiltCurve" is the CollectionName for all variables relating to pitch, of which there are 4.

"TiltCurve1" appears to be the subcollection category for the two variables that control camera transition speed and maximum distance when zooming out.

The two variables are:
"Time" - appears to control transition speed and smoothness. 0 is slowest and the higher the variable the quicker and less smooth the transition. The default value is 100.000000.
"Tilt" - appears to control the pitch, with lower values pitching down and higher values pitching up, in accordance with the six degrees of freedom. The default value is 45.000000.

"TiltCurve2" appears to be the sub-collection category for the two variables that control camera transition speed and maximum distance when zooming in.

The two variables are:
"Time" - appears to control transition speed and smoothness. 0 is slowest and the higher the variable the quicker and less smooth the transition. The default value is 0.000000.
"Tilt" - appears to control the pitch, with lower values pitching down and higher values pitching up, in accordance with the six degrees of freedom. The default value is 55.000000.

CREDIT

These folks got the discussion going, thank them.

Big thanks to JaceTwice for bringing it to the forums, Nutty for his posts in the other threads and the discussion thread where we discovered this, heinous_hat for discovering how to enable RCon and camera control commands for the RCon, and Eep for discovering the camera config file and various commands within it (kind of hilarious, as I am pretty sure we were doing the exact same thing at the exact same time). Without these guys we wouldn't have figured this out as quick as we did, no doubt. Eep also made a quick preset if you want to check his out. You can grab it here.

Thanks again!

12@!n
Author
12@!n
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.60 star(s) 5 ratings

More resources from 12@!n

• PhotoKinetik II
    PhotoKinetik II
    PhotoKinetik for ReShade 3.xx
  • PhotoKinetik
    PhotoKinetik
    This is a ReShade Preset for Civ VI, to be used with ReShade 2.0.3. All files are included in .zip.

Latest reviews

Excellent mod, bit confusing if want to edit the variables !
My Civilization Life is Complete Now. Thank You! This mod made this game so much more enjoyable for me!
Bugs on my 2560x1400 screen at the poles if zoomed far out. And the tilt at normal view is to low angel and make it hard to see.
Rad!
must have!
Top Bottom