Adds a new Landmine improvement that can be built by Modern ground units. Landmines explode when triggered by an enemy unit, and do additional area-effect damage to all nearby enemies.
* May be built by Great War Infantry, Infantry, Machine Guns, Marines, Paratroopers, Mechanized Infantry, XCoM Squad (and all Uniques of these base units).
* Any Civilization that has discovered Dynamite may lay Landmines, though each player can only have three active mines. Building more mines will replace the oldest with the newest.
* Landmines may be built in your Civilization’s territory or un-owned territory. If your landmine tile is acquired by another Civilization, the mine is destroyed. Landmines can only be built on land tiles without a resource.
* An enemy unit that enters a Landmine tile is instantly killed, while all adjacent enemies take area effect damage. Higher level units take less area effect damage from landmines. Only ground units will trigger Landmines. Hovering and naval units are immune to mine effects.
* Provides a small (10%) defensive bonus to non-enemy units.
* Requires Brave New World Expansion.
* Gods and Kings Expansion optional.
* Should be compatible with any mod, as long as it includes Dynamite Technology.
Will the AI build Landmines?
Yes, I created an AI algorithm that will result in computer players laying mines. The AI values building Landmines based on their Leader flavors, the threat level from neighbors, and their existing Landmine count. Civilizations engaged in war value Landmines more highly, while Minor Civilizations value Landmines more highly than Majors.
* Supports all languages (DE, ES, FR, IT, JA, KO, PL, RU), though text is in English.
* If you have trouble downloading or installing this mod (i.e. not in your Mods list), see this guide.
* Delete the cache here: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache
* If removed Landmines are still visible in Strategic View, save and reload the game to reset.
Landmines for BNW (v.3) 2016-10-05
Landmines for BNW (v.3)