1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LORD OF THE RINGS, VERSION 4.1 TOT 2017-11-26

Harlan Thompson's Lord of the rings scenario converted for Test of Time

1. MacGalleo
    Harlan Thompson's "LORD OF THE RINGS, VERSION 4.1" converted for Test of Time.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the land of Mordor where the Shadows lie

This scenario is based on J.R.R. Tolkien's great trilogy of the same name
    (though this isn't officially associated with that or Microprose etc etc). I hope
    (and I'm assuming) you've read the books before you play this! If you haven't, go
    do so now! You could do worse- the trilogy has often won praise as the best literature
    of the 20th century by critics and the general public.
    This is not your ordinary scenario. For one thing, it is very complicated. For
    another, it is very difficult. I've had people say it the most difficult they've
    ever done, but many also have said its the most favorite they're ever done, so hang in
    there. The point to this is that I would be very, very surprised if you won the first
    time you played this. You may need to play it a few times, have a few false starts, to
    "learn the ropes" before you have a fair chance of winning. You really need to READ THIS
    FILE!!!, wordy and long and complicated though it is, or you won't stand a chance of
    winning at all.

Screen1.png Screen2.png