I put together a slightly different tech tree, to resolve issues around:
- 1.5-2 era long jumps in the tech tree
- especially all of the 1 tech requirement lines
- Super long beeline to the Information era
- The top of the tech contains all research/production/commerce/wonders/etc so why bother with the military techs?
- the AI can't upgrade units in the mid game if they don't have the techs for the units
- Era dependent game systems are shoved into new eras too fast
- Great People selection (uses average era, so reduces total GPs in game)
- Warmonger hate/declare war issues (era scaled)
- Hex purchasing costs (a little less so)
- District Project costs
Version 1.0 - initial pass
Version 1.01 - fixed for patch 1
Version 2.0 - Fixed for Aussie Summer Patch, made changes to Ancient->Medieval Eras
Zip file attached here.
My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods
It should create a folder named: Mads Tech Tree
Be sure to activate it in the game under Additional Content.
MadDjinns Tech Tree (mod) 2.21
Vanilla CivVI tech tree replacement